The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
drfloyd

Emergency Brake Actuator

Has anyone used an electrically operated emergency brake actuator? If so I would sure like to know what you used and how to source it.

Thanks,
Ramdy
drfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:40 AM   #2
franken

Re: Emergency Brake Actuator

No, but here's a site that has actuators. Then ask what distance and force you need.

https://www.progressiveautomations.com
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:09 AM   #3
drfloyd

Thanks. I found several possibilities including one that SKF makes. Unfortunately I have found no one that has used one or knows anything about them including the folks at SKF. I was just curious if anyone her had ever used one. Here's a link to it.

http://www.skf.com/us/products/by-wi...tem/index.html
Old 08-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #4
drfloyd

Still very interested if anyone has done this and what you used.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:56 PM   #5
zteca

Never used them but here a link
https://www.estopp.com/shop
zteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #6
franken

Sounds like you want someone else to do all the work, as in answer the travel and force questions. Once in a while when you want to do something odd, you have to think for yourself and do the research. Seems that's not for you.
Good luck.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #7
drfloyd

What's your issue with me dude? I know what the pull force and actuator travel needs to be. I looked at the link you posted and none of those would work. I was actually more curious if anyone had ever used them and how they liked them. My entire build is odd, I've done it all myself and I won't even address the topic of thinking for myself.

Appreciate the link zteca. That's likely the one I will go with.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #8
meenaggie

I am running an E-Stopp electrically actuated parking brake on my 1968 Camaro and my 1968 C-10. Very nice piece and it is a purpose built linear actuator for use with a parking brake. Comes with a control box you can see in pictures below (one with blue "QC passed" sticker on it). Controls have built in safety features like ignition interlock so you don't accidentally leave it engaged. I used Wilwood rear disc brakes with integral parking brake and a Wilwood cable set up. I mounted the control box behind the gauges and the actuator on the inside of the passenger frame rail. I am running the trans mount below the frame but if you are running an ECE trans mount (or trans mount that attaches to top of frame rail) you may want to move the E-Stopp actuator more reward for clearance. Hope the pics help. I would definitely recommend this item for what you are looking for.

BTW . . . Speedway motors sells it for $479 and they have a $25 off $250 purchase right now for the NSRA nationals. Coupon code "NATS17" expires 8/6/17.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/E-Stop...Kit,65217.html
Attached Images

meenaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
drfloyd

Thanks a ton for the pics. Funny thing is, I ordered it this morning before I saw your post. But I'm happy you posted what you did. I like the looks of it. I ordered the remote kit and the SS junction bracket as well. The guy said that Cable Controls was the best place to get the cables to go to the wheels.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #10
drfloyd

Got mine yesterday. Really nice piece. The combiner didn't get shipped. Be here next week. Not much will happen next week. I have to go to Pittsburgh. Thanks for the help with this guys. Exactly what I was looking for.
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #11
franken

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfloyd View Post
What's your issue with me dude? I know what the pull force and actuator travel needs to be. I looked at the link you posted and none of those would work. I was actually more curious if anyone had ever used them and how they liked them. My entire build is odd, I've done it all myself and I won't even address the topic of thinking for myself.

Appreciate the link zteca. That's likely the one I will go with.
No issue. Just interesting that you're less interested in doing than posting questions. You have the reqs, buy a part art and do; or don't.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #12
drfloyd

You're a effing troll with with some sort of an issue. What exactly have you done? Show me some research, calculations, fabrication, mock ups, welding, etc that you have done. I do it every day. For your information, that link you sent me was useless and proved that you had no idea what you thought you knew. zteca and meenaggie helped me find exactly what I was looking for and I bought it and low and behold, it's exactly what I was looking for. No sense in reinventing the wheel. I find it interesting that a guy like you shows up on a forum that's sole purpose is to answer questions with issues about someone asking a question and you have no idea what you are talking about. I don't have the time or the inclination to waste on you. Go away and don't post anything on my threads anymore.

Last edited by LockDoc; 08-14-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Language