The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
PGG

Another Factory 396?

Its nice no doubt but didn't this subject get covered they didnt put big blocks in these at the factory?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Bl...m=111943399142
PGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Another Factory 396?

No factory BB 4wds 67-72...that motor is not original.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
hoist00

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
No factory BB 4wds 67-72...that motor is not original.
So what, still a clean beautiful blazer and obviously he's not trying to sell an all original vehicle with the list of other add ons he has. There are plenty of people out there that would still buy it even if the owner isnt as aware that the motor isnt original.
hoist00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoist00 View Post
So what, still a clean beautiful blazer and obviously he's not trying to sell an all original vehicle with the list of other add ons he has. There are plenty of people out there that would still buy it even if the owner isnt as aware that the motor isnt original.
Original post doesn't ask for mine or your opinion on the Blazer does it? He's interested in whether or not BB motors were a factory option and they were not.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:06 PM   #5
hoist00

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Original post doesn't ask for mine or your opinion on the Blazer does it? He's interested in whether or not BB motors were a factory option and they were not.
I wasnt aware I needed permission to state my opinion! I was just clearly stating that its a good looking blazer and the fact it has a non original motor that obviously most on this board know to be the fact isnt going to change the mind of most potential buyers out there. Its not like the guy is trying to sell it for a million dollars based on the fact its a rare all orignal 396 numbers matching Blazer. My point of my post was to say that not everyone is a purest unlike some on this board and the fact the OP brings up the other post about original BB motors makes it obvious that he's aware that a 396 wasn't a factory option and not a question of its authenticity.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #6
PGG

I actually said it was nice, I love it and would love to own it. However if someone buys with believing it to be the original motor and I bet it goes for a lot of $$$ they will be upset when they find out a factory 396 was not possible nor was/is it truthful or factual in the eBay listing.

Last edited by PGG; 03-25-2016 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #7
Dirt's72

Quote:
I wasnt aware I needed permission to state my opinion! I was just clearly stating that its a good looking blazer and the fact it has a non original motor that obviously most on this board know to be the fact isnt going to change the mind of most potential buyers out there. Its not like the guy is trying to sell it for a million dollars based on the fact its a rare all orignal 396 numbers matching Blazer. My point of my post was to say that not everyone is a purest unlike some on this board and the fact the OP brings up the other post about original BB motors makes it obvious that he's aware that a 396 wasn't a factory option and not a question of its authenticity.
So what...
Dirt's72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 03:31 PM   #8
hoist00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGG View Post
I actually said it was nice, I love it and would love to own it. However if someone buys with believing it to be the original motor and I bet it goes for a lot of $$$ they will be upset when they find out a factory 396 was not possible nor was/is it truthful or factual in the eBay listing.
If someone spends that kind of money on a classic vehicle I would hope they knew the history of it and what options were available for that model. If they don't then chances are that they probably didn't care anyway and were willing to spend that kind of money for a non original classic.
My intensions were not to be antagonistic but just to say not everyone cares about original authenticity or happens to know every little detail of every classic. I do agree though that people should do some fact checking before post something for sale.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2016, 10:41 PM   #9
truckster

Quote:
The "So what" is that it's advertised that the 396 was the original engine. That's a lie, because we all know it wasn't offered with a big block. Even if the current owner doesn't know that, it's still a fact. A quick Google search would have revealed that fact.

I'm not saying it's not a nice Blazer or that I wouldn't enjoy owning and driving it. But when you lie in the act of selling something that's called fraud. It wouldn't be a problem if the ad didn't say it was the original engine.
truckster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:55 AM   #10
hoist00

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
The "So what" is that it's advertised that the 396 was the original engine. That's a lie, because we all know it wasn't offered with a big block. Even if the current owner doesn't know that, it's still a fact. A quick Google search would have revealed that fact.

I'm not saying it's not a nice Blazer or that I wouldn't enjoy owning and driving it. But when you lie in the act of selling something that's called fraud. It wouldn't be a problem if the ad didn't say it was the original engine.
True but I doubt the owner knows that its not the original motor and isnt actually trying to fraud anyone, chances are is that he isnt aware that someone else placed a BB in it and probably told him it was original. Calling the seller a liar vs someone who is just uninformed is a big stretch without any knowledge. I would bet if you looked at a good amount of other types of classic vehicles for sale you could find tons of untruths in for sale ads. Its great that there are those of us that know every little detail about certain types of classic vehicles but expecting everyone who has one or chooses to sell one to have the same knowledge is expecting too much. I think calling them liars is just taking it a bit to far. Like I said before, if you are someone that is going to buy one then some of the research is up to you, because as we all know not all the info on the older vehicles is "common Knowledge".
Old 03-26-2016, 01:58 AM   #11
truckster

I didn't say the seller was a liar, as that word has the connotation that the lie is intentional. I have no way of knowing whether the seller knows it's a lie or not, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. In this case, I doubt the seller is the original owner, and he's probably repeating something he was told.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #12
jaros44sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
I didn't say the seller was a liar, as that word has the connotation that the lie is intentional. I have no way of knowing whether the seller knows it's a lie or not, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. In this case, I doubt the seller is the original owner, and he's probably repeating something he was told.
I agree, it just says original engine, could be, he bought it that way, so to him it is the original engine

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:21 AM   #13
A1971Blazer

He is aware...I sent him a message on Ebay........asked for a picture of the SPID.......haven't seen it yet. It is a nice K5, no doubt, and someone wanting a big block would be happy with it.........be great for trips from gas station to gas station......
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #14
hemi43

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
He is aware...I sent him a message on Ebay........asked for a picture of the SPID.......haven't seen it yet. It is a nice K5, no doubt, and someone wanting a big block would be happy with it.........be great for trips from gas station to gas station......
HAHAHA ! I sent him a message too a few days ago.
If he's an honest seller, he'll change his ad and remove the "original engine" disclaimer.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #15
truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
I had an Olds 455 I was thinking about putting in my Blazer. That's exactly why I decided not to. I wanted to be able to afford to drive it once it's done.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:33 PM   #16
PGG

Went for under 19k seems like a good deal to me.
I know it wasn't factory but still a nice truck. PG