The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
79gmcclassic

guys being suspended

lately i've noticed on older threads that a lot 73-87 accounts have been suspended? why is this? all the people that have been suspended were always respectful and polite from what i've seen?

Freshly lowered 5 inches

79gmcclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
powerdriver 1958
Kid's Mechanic

Re: guys being suspended

Hope this does not sound hard or smart , But that kind of info is kept between the site and the individual involved . It is a privacy issue .
powerdriver 1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
79gmcclassic

oh okay, well thanks

Freshly lowered 5 inches

79gmcclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

not that i need to explain any of my actions or those of the other staff members, but just for the record I have never suspended anyone myself as the moderator of that forum. I close threads and reply to them. There are times i feel as though something has gone too far as to responses and attitude, and at that time i refer those posts up the chain of command here.Sometimes i do post my opinion to the staff as to what i think should be done, and sometimes they do go along with my idea other times they dont.. it is their call.
Very few people here have the authority to suspend or revoke any accounts here. The exception is anyone who is spamming the board (someone whose first post is advertising time shares in vegas for example) can be suspended or banned by anyone.. Moderating here is walking a fine line. You want to be fair and balanced and non offensive to everyone.Alot of times people get emotional and that leads to posts that get heated. This leads to the staff being the bad guy and in many instances it leads to alot ofbashing and people who get offended at the job we do , when in fact the staff are the backbone of this and every other site on the internet. In the case of this site, we keep this place one of the best run and moderated sites on the internet according to many who visit here.
Sometimes as a result of peoples actions here they get banned or suspended because they try to undermine authority, flaunt the site rules designed for everyone, or to just stir the pot too much . We always keep those decisions between the staff and the member in question, as that is only fair to all involved.
I do hope that this gives you and others a better understanding of what its like to be a staff member and to understand why sometimes members get suspended or banned.Please feel free to ask any staff member about our policies here or if you have any questions regarding them or this site , as we are always here for our members.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Im not a mod and never want that responsibility, but I do know a little that goes on behind the scenes and you would be surprised, actually shocked, at what happens in PMs and emails by some fellas that on the surface seem really cool.

I dont say it enough, but thanks to all those who volunteer their time to keep things running smoothly round here.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg View Post
im not a mod and never want that responsibility, but i do know a little that goes on behind the scenes and you would be surprised, actually shocked, at what happens in pms and emails by some fellas that on the surface seem really cool.

I dont say it enough, but thanks to all those who volunteer their time to keep things running smoothly round here.
x2^^^^
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
cayoterun

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
x2^^^^
x3^^^^ and thanks to you all for keeping a great family friendly site to get info, advice, gripe, brag, and support each other in all facets of living.
Keep up the good work.

Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
boatpuller

just curious......when someone get's suspended,does every thread they ever replied to get locked ? even those with a large amount of replies of good info posted by well meaning members? not questioning the process,just curious.you all do a great job.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #9
CG
BlahBlahBlah

There are a ton of long time (still open) threads that have suspended people in there. When Im reading through them I always wonder what the heck did they do to get suspended off an internet board for people that like trucks .... Is it that hard to to just get along and be a decent person?

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Most times they do not get locked. It all depends on the situation, but for the most part they stay open
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote