The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2019, 11:08 PM   #2001
davischevy

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
The test was the normal PET scan. Last night my oncologist called with the results. It appears that I'm in recovery/remission for now. I have to have more tests periodically. So my 2 month stay at Stanford is cancelled. So long story short......WOO HOO!!!!!!

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:24 PM   #2002
'63GENIII

Great news Dale and happy to hear that things are looking up.

Im also sure that you're happy to not have to stay down this way for any longer than you have to!

Keep up the forward momentum!

'63 k15 long step
Vortec 7.4 - L29 Blackbear tune, Five 0 Motorsports injectors, Chris Straub Cam, NV4500, divorced 205
52" front and 63" rear spring swap
D44 / 14bff - disc axles
Milemarker 9K and 10.5K hydraulic winches

63" & B52 Spring Install http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ng+swap+thread

NV4500 Reverse Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=reverse+build

L29 - 7.4 Vortec Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&highlight=L29
'63GENIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:08 AM   #2003
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Thanks guys, I appreciate the thoughts.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #2004
Killer Bee

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone, I'm off work for 4 whole days!!!

long weekend to play with my new suburban

Old 05-25-2019, 05:31 AM   #2005
special-K
Special Order

Not sure how to take "play with my new Suburban", big and real or small and realistic? That small realistic one is cool. I posted a thread on them when I found out about them with a couple videos. First one is a promo and the other is the real deal. What do you figure the scale horsepower is on these, somewhere between 3,500 hp to 4,500? Or is is more about the 10:1 power to weight ratio?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=777262

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-25-2019 at 05:47 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #2006
Killer Bee

there was a thread or two but I think l first saw it on the gram..

it was out of stock everywhere due back in mid may so I've been waiting for it..

well, one foxtail stem around the axle just right and it has enough torque to flip on its back

bought some kinda lipo high performance batteries for it and can't believe the run time..

put my boy on it after school yesterday and both kids still taking turns today with same battery

I raced team associated RC10 cars years ago that were outrageously fast..

but they ran about 6-7 minutes on old battery technology..

thankfully this thing tops out under 10 but will do it straight up

metal frame, 4wd with front and rear lockers, full suspension, even cross over steering

Old 05-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #2007
slomotion
Old Duffer

I have been sorely tempted to get one of those Tamiya 1:14 RC truck tractors, but I know it wouldn't stop there. The trailer, the sound FX, and after market goodies that can be had almost approach the spectrum available for our real trucks.
Watching some of the German video's on Youtube is not a good way to avoid the "itch"!! The sophistication of the aluminum wheels, bumpers, and chassis parts is amazing.
There's loaders, dump trucks, graders, and .....wait! Maybe start with the loader and dump truck to build some highways in the back yard, then get the over the road rolling stock.
Hmmm, think she'd notice?

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:06 PM   #2008
special-K
Special Order

Same here. RC is a world yet to be explored by me. reason being I know myself enough to know I don't go half way into anything.

KB, good to know the quality is there on these. Battery tec has brought on a new world in many ways. Ah heck, think I'll go place my order. Seeya!!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #2009
davischevy

Tim, your repeating yourself again.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #2010
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Uh oooh!!!

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 05-26-2019, 07:09 PM   #2011
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Uh-oooh!!!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:28 PM   #2012
special-K
Special Order

Here here we we go go again again. I better start typing 1/2 posts/

My daughter and grandson were over this weekend. His 4th birthday was yesterday, just us three. My son who lives here went down to Ocean City with friends on Saturday, so Uncle Sam got to see Gus for a while. The big party is next Saturday. We'll be pickin' strawberries. It's at a pick your own prodce farm, petting zoo, and such.

He got to have his cake and eat it, too... for breakfast. He also got to play with my '58 Tonka aerial ladder, but not have it too. We camped out Saturday night... in 3 hours of wild thunderstorms!
Attached Images

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 05-27-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:04 PM   #2013
davischevy

Makin' memories Tim.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:37 AM   #2014
special-K
Special Order

That's it! He'll be off to Detroit for a year end of June , and not sure where after that. I know daddy wasn't too impressed with Maryland through his Washington Suburbs experience with the people, traffic, apartment dwelling, and working at a downtrodden hospital with poor staff morale. Heck, I avoid that whole area like the plague. Couldn't tell you the last time I was down that way. No thanks! He wants mountains and needs to be near a hospital... going to be an anasteezyer. They met in Denver, he's from Tulsa, and Tulsa is on his list of possibilities. So I'm busy planting seeds with Gus.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 05-28-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:01 AM   #2015
davischevy

Tell him to look at Washington/Benton county Arkansas. It's got lots of hills and lots of hospitals and it's close to Tulsa and you could visit.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #2016
special-K
Special Order

That sounds good. I'm hoping at least for Tulsa for it's proximity to the Ozarks and Wasatchs... and closer than Colorado for visiting... and maybe my thoughts of those mountains being a nice place to retire when I went through many years ago weren't so far fetched after all. I'll plant that seed, thanks!

His brother just moved back and so did a good friend, so... we'll see. I've really grown attached to that boy. Love him to death. My daughter as well. I like all I've seen of Grant and want the opportunity to get to know him better, too.

Up where my mom is it's the Allegheny Mt plateau just west of the Eastern Continental Divide. Not a lot of work for common folk, but it's about 45 mins to Morgantown, WVA, Cumberland, MD. Oakland, MD, and Uniontown, PA. Each has a hospital. He never got to go there, unless he drove through on the interstate... which is about as beautiful as they get.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 05-29-2019 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #2017
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Nice to hear you had a good time camping Tim with your daughter and grandson. Pictures are great also.. Just got back from Denver and I can tell you that if nothing else was a reason you would not like to go there to visit ,,the airport is a mess to get through.. long lines and waits to get on the train within the air port is not fun.. anyway ,, I love seeing and hearing about grandpa's loving their grandchildren..
Old 05-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #2018
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Here here we we go go again again. I better start typing 1/2 posts/

My daughter and grandson were over this weekend. His 4th birthday was yesterday, just us three. My son who lives here went down to Ocean City with friends on Saturday, so Uncle Sam got to see Gus for a while. The big party is next Saturday. We'll be pickin' strawberries. It's at a pick your own prodce farm, petting zoo, and such.

He got to have his cake and eat it, too... for breakfast. He also got to play with my '58 Tonka aerial ladder, but not have it too. We camped out Saturday night... in 3 hours of wild thunderstorms!
Looks like he had a good time. I love that fire truck.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 05-29-2019, 06:21 AM   #2019
special-K
Special Order

I love it, too! I went ga ga collection toy trucks, Tonka mostly, in the late '80s-'90s. The first ones, not as popular, are cabover GMCs. Then in '54 the went to the F-series Fords. Those round fenders were my favorite. In '58 they followed Ford's body style change, which is my favorite square fender. The round hole Budd wheels carried over that year and all trucks still had blackwall tires... like real trucks. In '59 they went to triangle holes (like Daytons I guess) and then whitewalls started oozing in, so it was hit or miss on blackwalls...realism. That hook 'n' ladder is missing the dome beacon on top of cab. I have a stock of spare parts (yeah, just like 67/72 Chevy trucks) and I had him help me replace the light. My hand is too big to get inside the cab from below and put the push clip on. He got that put in place so I could push on it with a nut driver. I told him, "Teamwork get's the job done!". And you guys thought we were playin'

Tim

Old 05-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #2020
davischevy

BTW, Washington and Benton counties are having a building boom right now. If you have a trade, you have to hide or they will work you to death.

WE have at least one crew driving over there every day, working on a contract with the City of Springdale. I heard today they are trying to get us to take another contract.

Old 05-30-2019, 09:00 PM   #2021
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
BTW, Washington and Benton counties are having a building boom right now. If you have a trade, you have to hide or they will work you to death.

WE have at least one crew driving over there every day, working on a contract with the City of Springdale. I heard today they are trying to get us to take another contract.
Anytime the trades are busy is a good thing. I wish the doctor would let me work.I'm missing work....I know I need to heal but...My girlfriend has all new outlets, switches and ceiling fans. ...lol......and by the way they are now polorized correctly.....

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by Ol Blue K20; 05-30-2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add to message
Old 05-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #2022
davischevy

You can't keep a good sparky down.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:13 AM   #2023
special-K
Special Order

Building boom? I'm up for about a pop gun . No, that means work all around for a tradesmen. Home improvements get going when new houses come to town. I'm sure there are the oldies, too.

Dale, I know you need to heal, but I hope your doctor knows what good doing a little work would do for your soul... and that matters in healing, too! Just saying I hope he turns you loose soon as his good judgement allows. Not from the perspective of a doctor, but of a working man.

Tim

Old 06-04-2019, 06:54 AM   #2024
special-K
Special Order

Did somebody put new wheels on their pickup and not do a thread on it or even mention this? Or did I just miss it somewhere? Don't worry, I'm not into flaming this week.

Tim

Old 06-04-2019, 07:12 AM   #2025
Ol Blue K20

He posted about it somewhere. I remember reading and commenting on it.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man