The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #1
help87

Exclamation a miss at hi rpm

I have a miss in the motor at higher rpm while driving. At an idle it is smooth. It was in the shop for 1 day and no one could determan the problem. So I have started replacing several things First thing was the EGR valve. The original one had a leak. NextI had a 42 code in the computer. So I replaced the Distributor . Which was only 2 yrs old. That took care of that code. So know I have no codes showing up in the computer. I replaced the Throttle postion sensor. Still no change in the hi end of the idle. I replaced the gasket under the TBI . Tomorrow I will be pulling plugs to check the gap. If anyone has any other ideas PLEASE let me know. This is drving me crazey. The engine been this way for about 2 weeks.
help87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 12:37 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Broken valve spring, check the compression, bad cam lobe, spark plug wires, plugs, clogged fuel filter.......