The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
aaron barnes

Unhappy 1974 Jimmy Sierra 4x4 for sale

i am selling my 74 Jimmy. it has 165K on the body, 55K on rebuilt original engine. many new parts (carb., brake master cylinder, power steering pump, starter, tires, plugs, points, brakes, etc.). i bought it in texas 19 months ago. i am the third owner, and the first to own it outside of texas. i have all paperwork back to the original bill of sale. i bought it there and drove it back to michigan where i immediately had it rustproofed and windows tinted (cap and back). i have driven the truck as my primary vehicle since then, it has been a great vehicle, never broken down, left me stranded, etc. it is a very solid truck. it has some light rust and two areas that the previous owner (very poorly) attempted to bondo. it has a good sized chip in the windshield that is not spreading. the a/c has a leak and needs to be charged, but works. the blower works on all speeds but high. it leaks/uses about a quart of oil every 3000 miles. if you start it while it is still warm it blows a cloud of unused gas (carb. needs adjusting) thats the only time it does it. that is ALL of the bad (unless you consider the camo paint job by the previous owner bad!! ) any way, its a great truck for a restoration project or just to patch up and keep driving. very solid and dependable. i take the top off whenever the weather allows. no problems. i love this truck, unfortunately i HAVE TO sell it. it is currently listed at $4400.00, but please, if you are interested PLEASE make me an offer that you think is fair (i really dont want to put it on ebay). i would be willing to meet/drive the truck just about anywhere for the right negotiated price (not a lot, just enough to cover gas, food and my trip home). i cant figure out how to attach pictures, but i would be more than happy to e-mail them. my e-mail is syzygus2@yahoo.com. i can send pictures of anything you want. thanks for looking. peace, aaron
aaron barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:18 AM   #2
88Jimmy4x4

Got any pics?
88Jimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:55 PM   #3
aaron barnes

yes, i have lots of pictures and can take more of any part of the truck you want. unfortunately i couldnt figure out how to attach them to this thread (im no computer genius). i can e-mail them to you and anyone else. please e-mail me at syzygus2@yahoo.com if you would like pictures. thanks for the interest!
aaron barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #4
88Jimmy4x4

send them to johnfbakerjr@yahoo.com
88Jimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote