The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-17-2017, 09:29 PM   #51
joea307

Re: ¿....such a thing as a Vic Hickey edition Blazer??

Here is proof that more than one blazer from 69 existed and a pic with a few pics of the inside of the hickey blazer.
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19691972k5blazerjimmy/
joea307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #52
68panelman

Cool pictures, thanks Joe
Imagine finding the windshield frames up in the rafters of some southern California shop
68panelman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:43 PM   #53
joea307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherfoot View Post
Does anyone know where I can acquire a copy of the 1972 January/February Issue of Off Road Magazine?
The red magazine is what your talking about?
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/groups/19691972k5blazerjimmy/
joea307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #54
kehstr

interested to learn about this!!

Check out my Youtube channel
@Chad's Fab
kehstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:10 AM   #55
Oscar1982

I'm also curious on if there is a Vic hickey edition I bought my 1972 blazer here in Las Vegas and came to find out today it has tons of Vic hickey parts all which were installed by dealer and was used as a demo truck at events and shows about 6x's from 71-72 I bought it from original owner and someone else pointed out that it was loaded with hickey items from top to bottom looks to be almost every item in the catalog
Attached Images

Oscar1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:08 AM   #56
botmfedr1

Cool info. Thanks for the clarification on the “ H”. I guess it can get thrown in the “For sale pile”... lol

Cool truck Oscar1982 ..!
botmfedr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #57
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Here’s one for sale now
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #58
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

More...
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
Old 03-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #59
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Thanks to Troy SoCoC10

Here’s the CL link: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...089436906.html
Attached Images

Old 03-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #60
lks dcvn

Pretty neat -

Here is a copy/paste of the listing text from the CL ad:

This truck was one of several built by Vic Hickey. He was working for gm and designed the Blazer, Humvee and lunar lander. He was one of the first to be inducted into Off road Museum hall of fame. I do not know if this is the exact same truck as pictured in Magazine article but all details are the same and has the same holes in bed where the tool boxes and spare tire mount was.
I found this in a field in northern california where it sat for 30 years.
I had initially considered parting it out but noticed that truck was pretty tricked out and thought it may be something special. It has dual coil overs all the way around, 4 of the 8 points on roll cage are welded to frame, there are dual aluminum racing tanks, the transfer case has a custom skid plate welded to cross member. It has disk brakes in the front, a power steering cooler, external transmission cooler, a custom oil pan, the frame is boxed in front, the steering column is shortened 4 inches. The doors have never had windows the panels have never been punched for cranks or armrests. I installed a keyed ignition because it was done with toggle switch and button before. The motor is a 350 with camel hump heads and a decent cam.
I cleaned it up and painted and coated the undercarriage, checked the brake pads and shoes and greased the bearings. replaced fluids in both differentials and transfer case. Transmission was bad so replaced it with one I got from Bill in Fremont 69-72 Chevy Trucks. Replaced the flat rotted tired with ones I had that have a little life in them. Installed a new HEI Distributor, alternator, master cylinder, battery, most of the hoses and belts.
I removed the heads and took them to S and S where they were checked out and bad springs replaced. Rebuilt the Rochester quadrajet. took the truck to Downtown Muffler in Hayward and had the rusted out cherry bombs replaced with flow masters and new pipe and chrome ends put on. The seats were replaced with Recarros with generic chevy seat covers.
I've got the truck running pretty good, it tuns strong and sounds great considering no headers. The lights all work except the auxillary lucas light and fog lights I just didnt bother with those. Truck shifts fine and was stopping fine but last time I drove it the brakes seemed a little mushy and the cylinders need to be replaced which I will try to do in the next day or so. The truck runs and handles ok but if you are far away I would recommend a trailer unless you go and get some shocks and tires. the tires are ok for dry weather but may be a bit sketchy in heavy rain or snow. There is a large dent on driver fender, and small dents here and there. It needs a horn button and the blinkers dont work because the plastic part in column is broken. The speedo cable needs to be replaced because it broke at transfer case end and was resting on exhaust pipe so got melted. It has no hood hinges but I do have 1 I will include. I also have a set of headers that I didnt put

on because I was trying to keep it stock but i will include those as well. The exterior of truck is pretty much rust free but it has bad rust on floor pans where the seam is and underneath the vents. I was going to fix it but decided let whoever buys it because its much worse to have to redo somebodies unprofessional attempt. I left the exterior paint alone after I got the rattle can white off. You can see where the decals were in its glory days.
I have been offerd 20k but i believe its worth more so I'm taking offers. I may put it on ebay but am having problems with papypal.
It is off the system at DMV. I have the pink slip and started putting in my name and have paid the non op fee.
However I took it in for a vin verify and they said I did not have an emissions compliance sticker and noted I needed a letter from GM stating it was in compliance. That is not going to happen they only go as far back as 1977. I'm sure there are ways to get around this but I don't have the time to do this because I put money down on another truck and have to have the rest by april 1 so this truck has to go.
Make me an offer. This truck gets tons of attention everywhere it goes.

Same one posted earlier - note the front plate from the 2016 post from 6971k5crazed - 179 YKA
Attached Images

Last edited by lks dcvn; 03-08-2020 at 10:19 PM.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote