The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board > Blazer and Suburban Stuff

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2018, 02:45 AM   #1
Hawssie

WTB rear spring hangers partial floor,misc

I have a 72 I am trying to bring back to stock after being molested for off road.
** need rear riveted on spring hangers, both sides, mine were removed and flip kit was installed for lift. I want to put back original hangers.
** maybe use stock front springs,
**also right or passenger side front leaf spring bracket, the stationary mount riveted to the front frame horn.
**Then there is the floor. I need areas that are not normally rusted. These areas were cut out then raised up to allow for a doubler transfer case. I need the center area from the front of the high hump where it attaches to the firewall back to the where it ends at the vertical step up. I also need all or part of the cross wise running center brace used for the bucket seats that passes thru this area, right after the high hump opening.Its part of the floor really.
**Also need passenger bucket seat bracket that bolts to the floor and accepts the flip up locking mechanism its a small bracket held on to the floor by 2 bolts, has a hole in it to accept the locking mechanism for the passenger seat.
** Need factory transfer case cross member.
** could use 4 piece engine cross member. These were both altered or replaced for aftermarket running gear. I have some of the engine cross member.
Attached Images

Hawssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
1rippen6

Re: WTB rear spring hangers partial floor,misc

I have a 72 I will be parting in a few weeks if you don't find anything before then. I have an engine crossmember out right now 75 plus shipping. I can get pictures if interested. To answer your question from your other post I pull all the seat braces from blazers and sell them to the truck guys.
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:49 AM   #3
Hawssie

Sounds good, I got a better look at my floor today and I think it makes no sense to replace it all. Im going to remove the rocker panels tomorrow to make sure but I don't think there is any issue under the rocker boxes so that is one less reason to replace that area of the floor. Even the rockers aren't that bad no holes have even rusted thru although there is some rust bubbling out from the inside and there so cheap and easy to do, especially now that I got it on my rotissarie.
I would take the cross member now, what about the other parts, would you be able to come up with most or all of them? I would prefer to pay shipping just once. Nick
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #4
1rippen6

Here is what I have pictures of so far. I will have to remove the seats and get the mat up to see what the floor looks like. I will also have the tranny crossmember and I looked at the rear spring mounts and they look ok from where I looked. Once I get it in the garage and start tearing it apart I will know more. It will be after next weekend before I can start on it. It looks like I should have almost everything you need.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2018, 02:02 AM   #5
Hawssie

Thats a start what about the rear shackle hangers would you be able to source those? I like how you cut th frame with the brackets as it allows me to take the time to remove the rivets carefully. I
I thought about just taking them off and getting instructions new bolts etc then offer for sale or trade for originals! But I don't know the likely hood of that working or not. I need the front hanger for another Blazer by the way.
And as far as the B. seat brace goes, I saw older posts of some badly rusted ones, with the rust being where it is covered by the R boxes. Well I decided I will probably splice a piece in, so I really only need 28-30 inches or so, meaning 14- 15 inches form the center out on both sides, so if you have one that is not in the greatest shape it would probably still be fine for me. Nick
Old 04-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
1rippen6

Here is the transfer crossmember and a picture of the rear spring mounts (It depends on if the frame is junk whether I cut them off). Here is a newer 73 seat bracket I will sell for 30 if interested it's about a quarter inch taller than the 69-72 so it will need cut down or a 1/4 inch thicker rubber added to the bottom of you seat bracket. Forum member Utahboy sells a repop of the original seat bracket for I think 45.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2018, 12:49 PM   #7
1rippen6

If interested in the items send me your zip and I will get you a shipping quote. Just let me know if you want all or part.

75 engine cradle
75 transfer mount
60 front spring hangers
30 seat bracket
Old 04-19-2018, 01:00 AM   #8
Hawssie

Sorry I haven't checked my post! just me Personal messages.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:03 AM   #9
Hawssie

Here are the pictures to clarify the floor area I need. This is a truck floor showing the outline of the cutout area I need.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2018, 01:08 AM   #10
Hawssie

I found the third piece of my engine crossmember so I don't need that anymore. I do need the transfer case x member still and the rear hangers and the seat latch bracket in the pics. I found one that was hiding from me,but I still need one more. I may not need the front hanger now as I am installing coil spring suspension in another Blazer and that will free up the front hangers from that Blazer as it won't have leaf springs anymore., thanks though, I know you already cut them off prior, but if you did it for me would stand by the purchase. I will Pm you about the rest Nick.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #11
1rippen6

No the mounts were already off the seat bracket I'm selling is the taller one will need to be modified to work in a 72.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #12
1rippen6

I think this floor may be to far gone for what you need. Since I can sell the seat bracket for 150 and you want me to cut it I would have to have 170 total for the patch you need plus shipping. The piece between the 2 seat has some heavy pitting but I hit it with a screw driver and it doesn't appear to be thin. There is also a bolt broke off in one of the nuts for the high hump. You can also see that the area around a couple of the nuts is rust through please look at pictures carefully and I can get more if you like.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2018, 02:27 PM   #13
1rippen6

More pics most of the blazer I get in aren't this far gone but I never know when I'm going to get another one in.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #14
1rippen6

PM sent
Old 05-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #15
1rippen6

Here is the other tub with the patch removed.
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #16
1rippen6

Pic
Attached Images