The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
hogfarm

Missed it by this much

There was a place that I drove by from time to time,that had a few old trucks laying in the field.Found out a couple of weeks ago that an old friend of mine had bought the property.So I tracked her down and asked about the trucks.told me she just wanted them gone and had given to a scraper,that was going to come get them in the next couple days.I was shocked.I drove over in time to see the guy taking the truck,asked him about,the parts.He was not going to scrap them but sell in parts.There was 2 60's chevy fleetside pickups,1 49 or so dump truck,and another just like it with no bed.these trucks were complete and I'm sure they were running when parked.Sad part is if she had known I wanted them they could have been mine.
hogfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Missed it by this much

I've seen that happen more than once.

My buddy who is now in a nursing home that I have been helping his wife sell off a lot of left over stuff he had accumulated over he years was bad to go make deals for cars that were sitting on farms around here but not pay for them. Bad case of "be back"

He would tell me that he had bought this car or that car and even pointed one out in a field next to a shed that he said he had bought. I asked him if he had paid for it an he said no and I said well he hadn't bought it yet.

A few months later we were driving down the road going somewhere and we meet a pickup towing a trailer with a car on it and he says "hey that is my car, I bought it last year" I asked " did you pay for it" he says " well no, I just made a deal for it".

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote