The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #26
Cuttin up

Re: What inspires your build?

For me it was always my dad. I grew up going to tractor pulls, car shows, etc. He sold his pride and joy 67 chevelle ss right as i was about to be born (in 1978 those cars were a dime a dozen) and inherited my grandfathers 70 c10 he bought new in 69. I rode in that truck in throughout my childhood. Once I turned 15 we got a father son project to be my first car, a 1968 camaro. Then the flood gates opened for me, and cars became all I ever thought of. We lost my dad to cancer a little over a year ago, but I still have my camaro and his 70 c10 plus all the other projects I've took on over the past 25 years or so. My influence will always be around me whenever I'm near those two.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #27
GMtrucknut!!

I admired my grandfather and loved the time spent with him, he drove a 1955 second series 3600 truck .The little guy on his right is me .This picture was taken in 1966. I built mine because of my memories from childhood riding with him in his .
Attached Images

GMtrucknut!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #28
drivea55

To be able to say "I built it" with all its flaws etc, It may not be perfect by any means, but I built it and it is mine.

And that there is not another there like it.

great stories!

SOLD to "ONEBADFIVEFIVE"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=436406
drivea55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #29
hillshooter

My inspiration is to have a piece of classic history. My truck was my dads and was his granddads before that. It set behind the barn for 25 yrs while i grew up and 2 yrs ago it was time to bring him back to life. You can follow along on my FB, GMC 150 longbed build page.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:09 PM   #30
Daze57

i guess i would have to say it was my father --- he was never mechanically inclined so as a kid i was always workin on cars and bikes and trucks -- when i had a project --he;d come out ---watch and i would explain what i was doin -- he never could quite understand but he always was amazed that i could fix things like that ...because of who he was and what he instilled in me gave me the inspiration to build ----- back years ago i took him with me on trips in the old 57 before my rebuild --- he always thought it rode like a hay wagon
never complained ......he enjoyed the ride.
may sound a bit corney but he is what got me inspired to build !

Last edited by Daze57; 02-09-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Daze57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:56 AM   #31
abig84

Most trucks I ever built were pretty easy. Never any body work as they were all offroad trucks. Slapping a lift kit on a k5 blazer is done in a day (if everything actually comes apart). Longest built was a s10 I put k5 blazer running gear under which took 4 months. My 52 is in pieces and have crap all over and I'm 5 months in

So my inspiration is to actually get it done to drive it. So far it's a money pit. I'm at around 3k and my estimation was 6 k to have it running, so far looks like im about on the mark
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:30 PM   #32
Janky59

I got my truck from my oldest brother, from his widow actually. He was a life long hot rod guy and had this '59 Fleetside the last 5-6 years of his life. I grew up getting rides in all sorts of cars due to him - Olds 442, Nomads, Corvettes, El Caminos and so on. When I got my license at 16 he even let me drive whatever he had at the time. He passed in '08 and the Fleetside sat in a garage another 6 years, when I heard from another brother his widow was having to move I called her to find out her plans for the truck. We struck a very fair deal and the revival from its long sleep began.

It's mostly been a freshen up of various systems, not really a build, but I've been able to put some of my own touch on it as I go. I do get a sense of comfort when tooling around, thinking brother Jerry would be pleased with what I've done so far. In addition to being fun to drive, I keep the old girl rolling in tribute to him.
2011 Ducati Hypermotard
1959 Chevy 3100
Janky59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #33
mobileortho

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivea55 View Post
To be able to say "I built it" with all its flaws etc, It may not be perfect by any means, but I built it and it is mine.

And that there is not another there like it.

great stories!
Ditto!

1950 3600
3600 re-do, shortening it up

If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.
mobileortho is offline   Reply With Quote