The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
LBJ

2004 Silverado Ext Cab Power Window Switch

I am looking for a replacement switch for part number AC 15112969 which is the ganged switch for the mirrors, windows, and door locks. I checked to make sure the motors were still good and that leaves the switch being balky. The switch has gotten progressively worse over time to the point it barely works for the windows. I pulled it out and blew it out with a high pressure air hose and that might have done some good, but it's still balky. Would a spray of contact cleaner help any? Of course, totally off the truck and given time to dry out. Replacements are quite pricey $120 or more plus a core charge on Dorman 901-292R part of $200. Thanks, LBJ

Also, I've looked on Rock Auto, E-Bay, Amazon, etc. All parts are about the same price. Rock Auto might be the end choice if it cannot be fixed with a contact spray cleaner as I have a 5% discount there.

Last edited by LBJ; 12-04-2019 at 05:30 PM.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
LBJ

Re: 2004 Silverado Ext Cab Power Window Switch

I looked at Rock Auto again and found a Standard Motor Switch for $115.00. No core charge. I took the switch out again and looked it over once more and tamped i on the palm of my hand, then put it back on the door card. For some reason, this made it work better. All the switches worked with minimal "coaching" and maybe it will go for a while longer as it is. Rock Auto is the best price for these switches, so, I can still get one if it acts up again. LBJ
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote