The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
CSHADES

artillery wheel hose hanger

Was at the dump getting rid of the junk tires from the shop and spied an artillery wheel with a very rotten tire on it. So I went into the dump office and asked if I could have it, told no problem take it. Got it back to the shop, dismounted the very hard and full of rusty water tire. After blasting decided that it wouldn't be real useful to install on any of my trucks I decided to use it outside on my old gas station pole as an air hose holder. I painted it with the same paint as I was using on my plow truck wheels. I will post some pics of it on the pole later.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
dennislbrooks

Re: artillery wheel hose hanger

Nice, I take the bead area was still smooth on the rim. Can you run tubeless on them?
Old 11-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
CSHADES

the 16 inch one that I showed is very poor in the bead area, that is why it is going to be an outside air hose hanger. I have a 15 inch one that I also painted that I am going to use on the 46 shop truck
Old 11-07-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
CSHADES

I got the hose hanger installed. I didn't have a spare hubcap around here but I found one on craigslist and it is being shipped. So I borrowed one from the old shop truck for now. I also installed the other light pole this weekend that I finally got blasted and painted.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #5
mr48chev

That looks fantastic and was a good save.

Back in the early 70's I worked in a Firestone Tire store in Waco. Some one came in with a bent chrome reverse wheel that was badly bent on the inside lip. We replaced it and as the wheel was going to the scrap pile I asked if I could have it. I took it home drilled a hole in the side opposite from the ding and fasted it to the side of the house next to the hose big to roll the hose up on. From the street it looked like I had used a brand new wheel as there was no rust or imperfections on the face of it. I even had a couple of kids stop and one ran up and checked it out one day while I was across the street at the neighbors watching what was going on.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote