The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #26
TKCR

Re: My 84 K10 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Chevy4x4 View Post
Looks like fun! I do love a big block!

TKCR, we have a yard here that has close to 100 squares. One of these day's I'll count just out of curiosity. Every type you can imagine, no super rare parts though. Even a short step 4x4!

Mike
Wow that is just awesome. I'm lucky if I find a yard that has 1 or 2 Squares. I like to get some of those hard to find parts, the ones that they don't reproduce any longer.
But mainly my thing is now is salvaging bench seats to restore/recover. If there is a lot of seats, I just might have to hitch up the trailer and come down to Kentucky & North Carolina. I would be in HEAVEN!!
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #27
vht

Here is a shot of the floor now.
Attached Images

vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 PM   #28
Jaysonb

You making great progress, looks good! I have used summit paint on a number of projects and have had great luck with it.
Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #29
TKCR

It's coming along.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #30
vht

Found a guy that had a rear step bumper for $25, so today I went after it. Pretty good shape, good part was he had a parts truck. I got a nice cluster lens, complete jack assy, nice vents that go in the dash, and a battery hold down block for $50 counting the bumper. Picked up the left vent assy and a 92 chevy 4 spoke steering wheel the other day for $40.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #31
vht

I'll post a update, covered my seat, and got the insulation in the cab. Going to try and get the headliner covered and the trim pieces dyed so I can get the interior together. Waiting on a shift indicator, when it comes I can get the cluster back in. Need to do something with the cluster cover to make it look a little better, slow but sure I guess.
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #32
vht

Installed the cluster, dyed my trim pieces, run all the wires for my dome light, and cargo light, I have a new LED dome light, and I bought 2 LED strips off ebay for under the dash. Cleaned up a bunch of small parts, going to try and get the headliner covered now so I can install the interior. Painted around the doors so I can put my new door seals on also.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:09 PM   #33
TKCR

Seat turned out good!!! Did you happen to take a pic of the seat, prior to recovering. It's always nice to see the before & after.

Can't wait to see more pics as it comes along.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:17 PM   #34
vht

No, I sure didn't. it was pretty rough, it had one of those kitchen rug seat covers on it.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #35
vht

A little more work done, the door panel was prepped and 1 was dyed, alot of imperfections showed up from some of the abuse from the past owner. So I scuffed them, shot them with rustoleum bed liner, and then dyed them. I waited a couple of days after the bed linerwas put on. The pic shows them a whole lot lighter than they are. Got the headliner, trim, and sunvisors in. Capet is just laying in there right now.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #36
vht

Update, going to see what I can do to revive the 350 in the truck right now, ordered some parts for it, they are setting there waiting, if I can get it worked out, I'll build a 383 later. The 454 is going in my chevelle, I hope, and the 434 sb will go in my 40 coupe is the plan, hope it works out. I ordered the RIGHT vent seals for the truck, and some other interior parts, ordered the paint, my goal is to have it on the road in 3 weeks or so. I still need a dash pad, and I'll still need to switch the trans out to a 350 turbo, but at least I'll be able to drive it, I hope. Someone on this or the other forums I'm on needed a pair of rear step bumper brackets, don't remember who. I got a set, they are the ones that have the extra bracket, heavy half?, that I can't use because I have a reese hitch. Also got a pair of blue sun visors, rs has a fogged vanity mirror, pair of blue seat plastic covers that cover the hinge on the end, couple of head light doors that need center trim, dual head lights. Anyone that needs any of this, or if it'd help anyone out, you are welcome to them. Anyone has a dash pad, decent, I need 1 of them. Something I can cover.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #37
Omegadog

Looking great there vht. I'm kinda new to the squarebody scene and I have a couple of questions. Why would a 700R tranny not be good for a daily driver? I have a 305/700R combo on my '84 SWB. Also, I have a type 1 steering wheel on a used column I just put in but I also have the same steering wheel you have which I like better and would like to use it instead. Can the horn button work on with my column and if so how? Thanks and again nice truck.
Omegadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #38
TKCR

Got any updates on the truck?