The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2019, 01:29 AM   #11
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Once I had the passenger door on I repeated the same on the drivers side. I was really happy with how everything fit, I still am blown away I pulled off the rocker replacement and how it come out pretty good.

With the doors adjusted we started working on the internals. This was a major battle getting the vent window, window regulator and glass all in. Problem with all of that is the Nu-relics window regulator is too big in order to get the vent window in after the regulator is installed with the glass. So the only way we could figure out how to get it all together is to put the window regulator in loosely, then the vent window, and finally the glass. After it was all in the door then fight it for about an hour trying to get the glass in the rollers of the window regulator and then get the assembly slid into place and bolted in.

I dont know how we didnt end up breaking something but eventually we got both of them assembled and they work pretty good.

With the windows installed we started working on the rest of the door items which led to some problems. Main issue being too much paint build up in the lock cylinder hole, untill I can file that down and then put a thin coat on any exposed edges Ill have to wait to install he door panels. Until then I just have a mock up picture.

Once I was at this point we bleed the brakes and then installed the drivers side fenders. About the only thing left on this side of the engine is to paint the brace for the inner fender.
Attached Images

Last edited by sprint_9; 02-24-2019 at 02:21 AM.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote