The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
djferrari

In need of some help

First off, I am not looking for parts, just info. My son and I are into a 1969 Chevy C10. The first order of business is to rewire the whole cab. The previous owner has chopped it up to a point that it seems to be easier to just redo it. So, my question to you all is which wiring kit did you find to be the easiest to use and install. I have a buddy that has suggested Ron Francis, but I found American Auto Wire has all plus a new key and tumbler. Brothers is backordered on their kit, so that is not an option at this point. I am a weekend warrior at best and have never done a total rewire, so any help would be much appreciated. I am knee deep in a house project, so I have not searched the forums, and am hoping to just get some help. Also, if anybody has anything lying around please let me know, he is a high school kid on a tight budget and is not looking for a show quality yet. Thanks for looking and any info you guys can provide. Now, off to break up a driveway.

Dino, AKA DJ's Dad.

PS, Mods, if this is in the wrong place or inappropriate, please let me know. My last post ruffled a few feathers I guess, so I am giving it one more try.
djferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: In need of some help

I would buy a used one in good condition from the parts forum....
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
franken

Re: In need of some help

I've heard good remarks on the AAW kits. Painless is said to be more difficult. The kits are to reqire the vehicle, not just the cab.
You can also get a factory style direct replacement cab harness, which is the part under the dash with the fusebox.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote