The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-11-2017, 09:42 PM   #1
pakmt

Been 8 years, time for a post, eh?

Hello All,
Congratulations on a great site. We had discovered it back in 2009 when I was working on my last major project, a '70 K20.
I was first exposed to the 67-72 era Chevy truck scene by a '71 C10, long bed fleetside, in the most ugly mustard yellow you've ever seen... 250/6, 3 on the tree, bone stock, except for the corrugated aluminum cap on the bed. Yep, we talkin' fugly here...
She was pretty much rust free and as Dad said, "a good solid choice".
It was 1978, I had just started working full time and Dad was lending me the $1600 to buy it, plus interest of course because, as the Ol' Man explained it, "No bank's gunna lend ya money for nothing, why should I?..."
He was even more right, no one was going to lend me the money, period.
I had no other options...
But, Man, it was 1978, and the Ford highboys we're catching on, and everyone was lifting their 4 wheel drives and getting white wagon wheels and Gumbo Monster Mudder tires!
What I really wanted was a short bed K10, way up high like all the cool guys had...
But the lack of funds for another option and also the immediate need for reliable transportation paved the way for me to be the proud owner of that ugly mustard C10, which also ignited my fascination for these trucks.
I have 40 years worth of stories I can share, as well as 40 years worth of accumulation I would like to find new homes for. Perhaps the moderators can let me know what I need to do in terms of membership level in order to start posting it. I would prefer to offer what I have here, hoping to work with true enthusiasts, rather than dealing with Ebay, CL, etc.
Thank you for your time.
Peter and Tess
pakmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
A1971Blazer

Re: Been 8 years, time for a post, eh?

Welcome...$25.00 gets you a basic membership so you can post for sale and WTB ads...well worth the money...
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #3
pakmt

Re: Been 8 years, time for a post, eh?

Thank you A1971Blazer, for your reply, I was beginning to feel like maybe I wasn't in the right place :-)
I will run with your suggestion on the membership level I should sign up for, thanks again for the assistance!
pakmt is offline   Reply With Quote