The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #26
GMR-PERFORMANCE

Re: Best headand cam combo for 421 SBC

[quote=bigmac73;7782134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMR-PERFORMANCE View Post
You got several guys here that gave you great info.

I dont get much time to get on here.. however I am building a 407 SBC right now.

I know this is an old thread I was just wondering how you head and cam combo worked out for your 407

and to the OP did he ever get his engine built and how did it work out??
Well as I said I dont get much time WAY late to the party. Yes it worked out great still is running no engine issues. I did ditch the TKO it now has a 4l80# 4200 stall convertor with lock up and a D3 rattle snake T brake. I have a 3.73 gear still running MY drag radials I saw High 6 seconds 1/8 slips on one kit , I did get the second kit sorted out However ran into trans issues. Have had almost no time for the truck its been sitting for 6 + months..

it made 591 @ the crank with stock RHS heads 901 with both guns

Build a LS sorry but if you want power the cost factor is too high on these old engine's , not to mention EFI will allow killer tuning capabilities for street use. Tons of kits for LS in these trucks .. Try to find a goo large tube header for these . not going to happen , sure custom .. Look at the LS stuff you trip over how many places you can buy them..

I have two guns on my making 900 all in and get my ass handed to me with guys that run a junk yard 5.3 forged internals and a turbo. in the same weight vehicles

Times change and if its about going fast hard to beat a turbo set up . LS parts are so widely available and price wise less money than old stuff.

Plans if I keep the truck are a 6.0 with a 78 MM turbo cant wait to have EFI.. I drive mine on trips and it runs as well as it can 3 on board computers now Been a long road and to be honest not sure if I am will to keep going..

Tons of money invested at this point ..

That is my opinion
GMR-PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote