The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
Redneck Rydes

Need Advice

I just finished a 2 year body off patina resto,EVERYTHING new ar rebuilt,GM SP 350 crate engine,trans rebuilt,rear end, tires, brakes,suspension,interior,I mean I have to have every part on this truck,decide to stop and see a old friend, who is a major truck guy like us,asked if I want to sell My truck,I said I have only put 600 miles on it,shoots me a number, ( that I already had in my melon) I politely say No not right know. Driving back I am starting to think, I have had a original owner, original paint 1985 Silverado,Loaded, that has been sitting in the back shop for 2 years now, Everytime I look at I say soon I will get you done, so my question is, do I sell the 1970 c/10 and resto the 85 or keep the 70 for a bit and hold off on the 85. There is profit to be made on the 70 and the 85 would not take a lot to finish,sorry for the long rant,but not having ant children,I look at vehicles as family members, at least they don't ***** and complain.LOL
Attached Images

Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
truckster

Re: Need Advice

It really depends on what you want. I personally wouldn't take an 85 over a 70, but I like the classics better.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
Ziegelsteinfaust

I had a 73 C20 I converted to a rcsb of sorts, and did a 6-8 drop.

Well it a guy offered me about $8000 for it, and this was roughly double what I had in it. I got all the parts in a string of sweetheart deals around Christmas. Plus I had nearly enough for a second build. I only had it running for a couple months, and barely a thousand miles.

Well I told him I would sell it to him for what he offered, but only after 3 months. As for me it was my DD, and I would have nothing to replace it. He put 2000 down, and I enjoyed it while I worked on my next version. Plus I said I would have time to fully dial in the carb, and dial in the combo for him.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #4
mongocanfly
Post Whore

I like my square.....but that 70 is sweet.....I see less and less of the 67-72s on the road....mostly only at a show is where they show up....the squares are everywhere...from working trucks to show quality trucks...
My 2cents is if I had both I'd keep the 70....and fix the square and sell it.....

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:16 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

What the heck is a RCSB? There was only one cab on these trucks, a truck cab. No family trucks were built until the GMT400s.

I have kids and my trucks are still very personal to me. I never had a truck that didn't ***** or complain from time to time. Trucks are special to me. To the point that when I first get one done and someone offers to buy I would never consider selling. I want to enjoy that which I built. It has nothing to do with money. I don't see an apples to oranges comparison between a '70 and a squarebody. I guess you do, so do as you please. If I had any doubt, which I assume you do, I would tell my friend to keep his pants on while I enjoy it a while. It's not like he's the only one that will want to buy it. Just the first.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-17-2018 at 07:23 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:29 AM   #6
PGSigns

Drive and enjoy your 70! There is one thing for sure that number in your head or anyone elses won't go down on that 70.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #7
Redneck Rydes

Thanks Guys, I appreciate all the advice, it is tough sometimes making decisions, on any thing in life,you hate to make regrets also on decisions, but that is life, I thoroughly enjoy building these trucks and driving them. Thanks again.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:01 AM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Well this is a site mainly for 67-72 Trucks so my guess is the majority would say keep the truck. And this is just me, please take no offense, I googled your other truck and there isn't even a slight chance I would do anything with a truck like that. In my eyes even though its an old truck now, there isn't anything classic and cool about the look and lines of the "late models". Of course the 85 may have special meaning for you, and what I like and what you like are apples and oranges.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #9
The Rocknrod

Oh man, you "need" a new project. You get better every time you do one. And it keeps you busy, your mind busy etc. Besides it's not like your not going to see the old truck again.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #10
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I got a deposit on this truck before I had it completely done. I finished it out and drove it for two or three shakedown cruises before he came to pick it up. He bought it for his 14 YO son. (at least that's what he told his wife)...

No regrets.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:17 PM   #11
special-K
Special Order

When you're building them to sell is one thing. I've had to finish complete builds up just to sell them before ever driving. But if I build trucks for myself with what pleases me in mind. I want to enjoy it some once done. If there's a guy who wants to buy it as soon as I get it done, there will be one later, too. I have decided I wanted to do things different once I got too far to go back, and was ready to sell as soon as it was done.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #12
3drburb

That's a tough one. If the price is right and you love building them then, go for it.
The Squarebody trucks are the hottest trucks out there right now and parts are still fairly cheaper than the 67-72.
The fact that you had a number in your head means it was kinda already for sale, at least a friend of yours will get it, ask for first dibs if he decided to sell it later just in case you may want it back one day, a good old friend should be ok with that.
Good luck.
3drburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #13
Redneck Rydes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
I just finished a 2 year body off patina resto,EVERYTHING new ar rebuilt,GM SP 350 crate engine,trans rebuilt,rear end, tires, brakes,suspension,interior,I mean I have to have every part on this truck,decide to stop and see a old friend, who is a major truck guy like us,asked if I want to sell My truck,I said I have only put 600 miles on it,shoots me a number, ( that I already had in my melon) I politely say No not right know. Driving back I am starting to think, I have had a original owner, original paint 1985 Silverado,Loaded, that has been sitting in the back shop for 2 years now, Everytime I look at I say soon I will get you done, so my question is, do I sell the 1970 c/10 and resto the 85 or keep the 70 for a bit and hold off on the 85. There is profit to be made on the 70 and the 85 would not take a lot to finish,sorry for the long rant,but not having ant children,I look at vehicles as family members, at least they don't ***** and complain.LOL
Well change of plan, supposed old friend pissed me off,changed his mind,I am gonna keep her, and enjoy it,I think I am going to keep all My trucks,tired of dealing with people that want to buy,but have no money or have to ask the wife😡😡😡