The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
lonestar308

My 63 C30

Howdy gents! I'm new here and wanted to share my project truck and hopefully gain some insight in restoring this old beauty.

This is what I'm starting with: 1963 Chevy C30 purchased by my grandfather in 1965 in Brownwood, TX. I'm hoping to attach photos....

He used it on his farm for over 40 years...pulling cattle trailers, hauling cotton seed from the gin, and wheat to the elevator. I put a few miles on it myself working summers with him...good memories.

When he got it, it had the 230ci L-6, which was promptly swapped for a 292. Later on, my Dad swapped in a 327 small-block, and that's what resides in it today. He also added a 3-speed Brown-Lipe auxiliary trans behind the factory 4-speed to help overcome the 5.14 gears in the Eaton H072.

So, my plans....I want to rebuild this truck with, and give it to, my son who's currently 5. Hopefully make some memories him, me, and my Dad along the way. I currently have a '74 Chevy C20 donor truck for the front suspension/brakes and the rear 14-bolt, as well as a 400ci small-block located in another truck. I'd like to add power steering & power brakes all around, as well as a/c so it can be driven more than 3 months a year here in Houston!

Everything else I want to keep as original as possible....I'll be repainting the same color, and replacing all the wood on the flatbed, as well as getting a new underbed saddle fuel tank (Dad made the current one from 2 plow discs and a section of 20" pipe!).

I'm slowly building my research library for reference material, and am very excited to find this forum!

Any ideas or suggestions you guys have would be appreciated...I've been waiting to start on this since my granddad gave me the truck in 2000!
Attached Images

lonestar308 is offline   Reply With Quote