The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #11
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

I decided to try and use the mechanical trans linkage kit work as I wasn't sure the cable shifter would fit on my column.

I had a friend weld an extension onto the stainless rod that came in the kit.

I made a rough template of how I wanted the linkage to route from a hanger. I then used some map gas and the vice to bend the rod. After a couple adjustments I came up with this.

It works really well, surprisingly. I wasn't sure it would work right with the bends and heim joints but it does. So that's done.

I spent 2 hrs fixing the brake line leak in the rear of the truck. I had to use an inline flare kit and the old bar clamp style vice-gripped together to keep the line from slipping through the clamp. Eventually it was done and sealed. I replaced the hose as well as it was distorted from me overtightening the goofed up flare.
Right now I'm working on rewiring the dimmer switch and the wiper switch. I'm just extending the dimmer wires and cut the connector down and it plugs right in. I ordered a wiper delay module and then Ill be cutting the factory cab side connector off and wiring the existing wires to the connector on the delay module.

Last edited by cruizin01; 02-13-2018 at 11:51 AM.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote