The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
focusedontheprize

H4 Upgrade Relay for Quad Headlights?

I have a 1986 Chevrolet C30 with quad headlights and wanted to do the H4 upgrade. It looks like I ordered the wrong relay harness which is only setup for a dual headlights. I have been looking around and see that maybe LMC is the only company that offers a quad H4 relay kit.

Has anyone found any others they would recommend or if they used LMC - how did you like the quality? Thanks.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
blindbug

Re: H4 Upgrade Relay for Quad Headlights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusedontheprize View Post
I have a 1986 Chevrolet C30 with quad headlights and wanted to do the H4 upgrade. It looks like I ordered the wrong relay harness which is only setup for a dual headlights. I have been looking around and see that maybe LMC is the only company that offers a quad H4 relay kit.

Has anyone found any others they would recommend or if they used LMC - how did you like the quality? Thanks.
You can utilize the Dual Headlight harness to power all (4) of your lights... it involves (4) total splices... (2) for each hi beam light. You don't have to add additional relays or much additional wiring.

See this link and compare the diagram pictures to see the additional (4) wires that would be added:

http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/exte...ight_relay.htm

I would recommend buying (2) headlight harnesses for the hi-beams and then wiring them up via the diagram above. Should be a fairly simple procedure and not too expensive. Bonus points if you solder the connections and use heatshrink!

good luck!
blindbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
Houston Ben

Look up my post "Upgrade low beam headlights or replace with slyvania?" I did this to my 86 C10 and works awesome!
Old 10-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
focusedontheprize

Thanks everyone.

@blindbug - I end up ordering LMC's quad headlight harness so I wouldn't have to splice into them.

@Houston Ben - I had watched your thread, my only concern was the harness only ran to the top lights, I was looking to find a harness that attached all 4 headlights together. I end up order LMC's dual light setup and am going to put that in.
focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote