The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2019, 08:46 PM   #26
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Truck Legends Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
^ oak tree I suspect?

meat>potatoes>beer>guns>trucks=circle of life

just not in that particular order

sounds like a great time, close out the evening with some poker!

I'm jealous, just got home from 10hrs of my 8hr shift
Angeles Shooting Range. I like their range officers better. They lay it on thick when someone does something stupid like going up to fiddle with their gun while people are downrange changing out targets. Oak Tree is hit and miss for range officers controlling the crowd, and the last time I was at "A Place To Shoot", there were some guys who didn't listen much to the RSO. We skedaddled before it got hairy. I'm an NRA CFI and I don't tolerate anything unsafe when it's my turn to run the range. I have attorneys on tap, but that doesn't mean I can't get sideways in a lawsuit, if someone gets hurt and I'm the RSO.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:54 PM   #27
Killer Bee

just a guess, I like Angeles myself too!

we typically reserve a spot at eagles nest and self RO..

some background stuff shopped out of the picture below but my buddy has a couple hundred million views of videos of my barrett a some other stuff with his phantom camera, a lot of which was shot up at Angeles

Old 01-19-2019, 11:26 PM   #28
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
just a guess, I like Angeles myself too!

we typically reserve a spot at eagles nest and self RO..

HK Fun Switch - YouTube

some background stuff shopped out of the picture below but my buddy has a couple hundred million views of videos of my barrett a some other stuff with his phantom camera, a lot of which was shot up at Angeles

Kewl! I have a Ruger K1022T tack driver. I was on the north-facing rifle range one day and someone was shooting a gun down at the far left end that sounded like someone hitting the lid of a 55 gallon drum with a sledge hammer. Many months later, I was at Oak Tree when some guy rented a .415(?) Barrett. It pretty much sounded like that.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 01-20-2019, 12:21 AM   #29
Killer Bee

from A alpha at eagles nest which is the first one on the right, you can shoot down to the main line 400yd or further.. the 600yd line is like 500yds from there..

so one time we were up there for a wounded warrior project fund raiser and the lead donator brought a granddaughter and a friend, both cute little blonds early 20s.. they wanted to shoot the barrett so I set it up.. the first girl rings the 600yd red pig first shot! then does it again two more times LoL.. so she stands up and says to her girlfriend hey that's cool, you try it.. and that girl hit it twice LoL.. well the .50bmg ain't light on the shoulder so they were done.. one of them said to all the guys watching, you try.. they all wandered off afraid to be outdone by two girls that never shot a gun before that day LoL

had some good times up there, fun place!
Old 01-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #30
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
from A alpha at eagles nest which is the first one on the right, you can shoot down to the main line 400yd or further.. the 600yd line is like 500yds from there..

so one time we were up there for a wounded warrior project fund raiser and the lead donator brought a granddaughter and a friend, both cute little blonds early 20s.. they wanted to shoot the barrett so I set it up.. the first girl rings the 600yd red pig first shot! then does it again two more times LoL.. so she stands up and says to her girlfriend hey that's cool, you try it.. and that girl hit it twice LoL.. well the .50bmg ain't light on the shoulder so they were done.. one of them said to all the guys watching, you try.. they all wandered off afraid to be outdone by two girls that never shot a gun before that day LoL

had some good times up there, fun place!

I had a scout group up at a camp in the Santa Monica mountains in the mid-90s. My wife and MiL were along. My Mil was a pretty good shot, but that was just with .22s. Out-shot some of the guys.

Simi Valley, CA