The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2015, 08:04 AM   #26
rgunlock

Re: Walosi - 68 K10 lwb - VA

Glad you didn't wind up hurt when that broke. I bet that emergency surgery was a lot of fun at camp. If your camp is anything like the ones I've been at, you had a bunch of mismatched tools that the guys have brought in for camp repairs over the years to work with. Bet there was a little cussin going on

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #27
kursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Glad you didn't wind up hurt when that broke. I bet that emergency surgery was a lot of fun at camp. If your camp is anything like the ones I've been at, you had a bunch of mismatched tools that the guys have brought in for camp repairs over the years to work with. Bet there was a little cussin going on
Actually, I was the only one with a decent tool set as both the guys I camp with drive brand new trucks and don't know much about wrenching to stay on the road.

Cursing was at a minimum, but there were a few choice words flying around. Took me an hour to get my column out only because I didn't have a steering wheel puller and had the seat still in, that was a bit of a workout. 20 minutes to pull the one at the junkyard, and about an hour to swap shafts and install the column at camp.

I'm looking at eventually upgrading to the Borgeson vibration u joint and colapsable shaft.
kursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:28 PM   #28
msgross

There is an adapter for the connections. I might even have one laying around that you can have.
1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:37 PM   #29
kursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgross View Post
There is an adapter for the connections. I might even have one laying around that you can have.
I shouldn't need it as I have a spare round style and I'm using the 4 speed column, but thanks for the offer. I didn't even realize they made different styles.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #30
ssuth9

Cool Truck, with a Great name to boot..

"I was born with nothing, and I still have most of it"
1972 K20 Cheyenne: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671873
ssuth9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #31
kursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuth9 View Post
Cool Truck, with a Great name to boot..
Thanks man. Won't get much time to work on it this week. My 4 year old son has been wigging out to go hunting with me, he even cried last Wednesday because I didn't bring any deer meat home for dinner when I ran home to shower. LMAO! So I'm taking him out to camp tonight and hunting with him tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #32
kursed

Had some unusually warm weather lately, so we got the rear bumper painted and put it on today. Also got her inspected so we're all legal now. Been working on the gauge panel too, should be done with those soon. Painted the bumper with some flat black rust blocker spray bomb on the inside and some Massey Ferguson grey tractor paint for the outside. Oh yeah, we got a beat up old tailgate on too.

Haven't done much else lately, we've been cleaning out my grandma's garage and making a usable work shop out of it.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 PM   #33
rgunlock

Cool! Port Lavaca is my neck of the woods. Wonder how that bumper made its way to Virginia? Looks good on the truck.

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:02 AM   #34
kursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunlock View Post
Cool! Port Lavaca is my neck of the woods. Wonder how that bumper made its way to Virginia? Looks good on the truck.
Thanks man. I'm happy with how it came out. It's beat up a little and has a little rust on it, but all that stuff adds character man. Not sure how it got here, but I pulled it from a 68 2wd at a local junkyard. I was super happy when I found that gem. I have a slight addiction to neat accessories like that. One reason I got out of old VWs. There were so many cool old accessories for the old beetles, I could have spent a darn fortune just adding neat nick nacks.

I've looked all over the net trying to find some old pics of Marshall Chevrolet in port Lavaca TX, but I can't find any info on that dealership at all. No writing, pics, heck not even a mention of it.

I've got to rebuild some carbs for my friend's VW Beetle this week, but hopefully we can get the intake gasket on the old truck before the cold weather hits soon. Trying to take as much advantage of this warm front as I possibly can.