The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #1
Cautrell05

Engine mounts

47 P/U, S10 chassis with a 400SBC. I was wondering if one rubber Mount was better than the other as far as original application? Planning on using the sixties type with a solid pedestal on the frame. I want rubber mounts to help with vibration. 71 camaro mounts seem to be a common donor. Any other ones worth looking into? I've heard of guys using the stock 4.3 mounts with a v8.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
cableguy0

Re: Engine mounts

If your just going to use off the shelf stock mounts than it really wont matter what you get, None of them are all that great. I personally would use poly mounts because they are strong and they last. The rubber gets beat up pretty quick especially if your making decent power.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

IMO the best designed stock type engine mounts are those used in the '73+ trucks. They are often referred to as 'clamshell' engine mounts.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #4
cadillac_al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
IMO the best designed stock type engine mounts are those used in the '73+ trucks. They are often referred to as 'clamshell' engine mounts.
I agree. I think everything got clamshells around that time. The old style mounts are the ones that would separate when they broke. Then you needed to chain it until you can fix it. I don't miss them. I broke a bunch in my 67 Chevelle and finally put solids in there. They weren't that bad but it's nice to have some rubber under the engine somewhere. The poly ones probably don't separate but I would go clamshells if they would work.
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is offline   Reply With Quote