The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
jeffro2

A gathering of small Chevrolets

I finally finished rebuilding all these to where I am a lot happier with how they look and perform.

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
CREWCABGMC

Re: A gathering of small Chevrolets

Nice!!!!!!!
CREWCABGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

You done good Jeffro

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #4
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Very nice collection.
Posted via Mobile Device

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
jeffro2

Thank you gentlemen, your comments mean alot to me. They really do.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
YBNORML

Awesome! Looks like lots of fun
Posted via Mobile Device

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: A gathering of small Chevrolets

Looks like a mini off road meet!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Looks like a mini off road meet!
Now if I could round up enough people where I live, I would make a small video of all them on the trail, but nobody wants to go out to the creek bottoms at 7 am when its cold.

This is the type of body I used for all the chevy builds when I built them the 1st time, except the 64 CrewCab.

Chevrolet let Tamiya use the Chevy name and emblems until a falling out or something in the early 90's. So naturally this is a coveted body with the chevy emblems on them. I have 2 left, this one and another still new in the box from 94. I just haven't decided what to make out of them yet..

Box art from the original releaseTamiya Clod Buster

Thank you again guys.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #9
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Ya, well done Jeffo! I doubt most other than Special-K understand or appreciate the talent, fine attention to detail and man hours you have into building that fleet. You have some major skills my friend! You need to move to LA and work with the movie guys.

I've been thinking about investing in one of these to build up. What do you think of those? Are they any good? I've never messed with RC stuff in my life outside of playing and modifying Stompers when I was a kid.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Ya, well done Jeffo! I doubt most other than Special-K understand or appreciate the talent, fine attention to detail and man hours you have into building that fleet. You have some major skills my friend! You need to move to LA and work with the movie guys.

I've been thinking about investing in one of these to build up. What do you think of those? Are they any good? I've never messed with RC stuff in my life outside of playing and modifying Stompers when I was a kid.
Thank you Larry, yeah, that used to be a joke with my wife..I would become famous and go to Hollywood...lol. I kinda truly doubt it though..

When I first finished the Van, I had a genetleman from California that offered to paint murals on it, but I was worried about mailing it out there. Its one of a kind, in that size or scale, or detail.

I'm one of a few that try to make them look like a trail/street truck, whereas most of the guys on my RC forums are into a different look on their trucks, sliders, full body cages, no fenders, typical hardcore rock crawlers,, toyota's, and Jeeps, landcruisers, Fj's, etc..

As for the TF2, I actually have one. It performed well and I have had no issues with it. It built very easily, (not used to following instructions on a store bought kit ), It seems pretty sturdy, but other then that I honestly can't give you a good answer.

I know they have sold a lot of them, and for the price, its really reasonable, compared to the price of my builds because I piece them together.

I need to go over to Rccrawler and read some of the threads under the TF2 section and see what they think.

I'm assuming you would want a chevy body on it. I can show you pics of what it fits like or looks like, or even different pics of my TF2.

Would the truck be static or would you take it out and run it ?

P.S. Lovin the Polar Bear. It caught my eye awhile back.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #11
shawno72
C/10 junkie

Those, are awesome!! I would love to see some video of them in action.
Posted via Mobile Device

70 LWB C10 current driver/project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=663051
68 SWB C10 Work in progress.....SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559520
72 LWB C10 Sold
71 LWB C10 Sold
68 LWB C10 CST Sold

http://youtu.be/kbB0QrBIs9k

My mom always had the best advice. It was just a tad late. After a fall that involved blood, she'd say....."Careful!"
shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
Desert.Chevy

Cool group picture. Nice detail work.
Posted via Mobile Device
Desert.Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
justcuz

Yours, Headquakes RC's and the guy with the 3 videos of his blue crew cab is where I go when I want to satisfy my desire to watch RC videos! I love your crew cabs and the suburban.
I'd love to do this but the way gas prices are going I can almost buy and build up a real truck for as much as I would spend on an RC! I just went and looked at a 91 K30 Dually crew cab last week for a thousand dollars! TBI 454, 400 turbo, 205 with faded paint but a nice interior. The front Dana 60 is almost worth the price of the truck!
My modeling is limited to plastic kits and detailing die cast models. I usually disassemble all my die cast models and detail paint the interiors, undercarrige and engine compartment. I am working on a 1/24th Tahoe right now for my daughter who is in the Orange County, Ca. Sheriffs academy. I ordered decals and will detail paint the interior and engine compartment. I am also going to try to put her graduation date and name on the mobile data terminal screen (laptop) in the cab and see about making the lightbar, head and taillights work.

Last edited by justcuz; 03-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawno72 View Post
Those, are awesome!! I would love to see some video of them in action.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm a little late on this, sorry. Thank you very much.

I wish I could find enough people to help me drive them to make a video of all of them together, but the best I can do is have you do a search on Youtube for grasslandcrawler, and you will find individual vids of those plus other scratchbuilds I have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert.Chevy View Post
Cool group picture. Nice detail work.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post

Yours, Headquakes RC's and the guy with the 3 videos of his blue crew cab is where I go when I want to satisfy my desire to watch RC videos! I love your crew cabs and the suburban.
I'd love to do this but the way gas prices are going I can almost buy and build up a real truck for as much as I would spend on an RC! I just went and looked at a 91 K30 Dually crew cab last week for a thousand dollars! TBI 454, 400 turbo, 205 with faded paint but a nice interior. The front Dana 60 is almost worth the price of the truck!
My modeling is limited to plastic kits and detailing die cast models. I usually disassemble all my die cast models and detail paint the interiors, undercarrige and engine compartment. I am working on a 1/24th Tahoe right now for my daughter who is in the Orange County, Ca. Sheriffs academy. I ordered decals and will detail paint the interior and engine compartment. I am also going to try to put her graduation date and name on the mobile data terminal screen (laptop) in the cab and see about making the lightbar, head and taillights work.
Thank you justcuz ! I know Headquakes work and he is really good, but I'm not sure about the other guy with a blue crewcab. I do know there a few that like these to look somewhat real, not tires sticking out past the truck by a mile, or they go 600 mph in scale speed...Just crazy, I like slow and as real as possible.

It can get a little expensive, plus I keep just about everything I build,(running out of room), but I have seen that where a 1:1 truck would probably be a better deal.

My problem is I have no where to take a full size 4x4 legally to have fun. Whereas these, I can take to Salt Creek, and nobody really cares, and I don't tear up things at all.

I wish I had more confidence or something to do the same thing to a 1:1.

Do you have a thread down here on the model your working on ? It sounds neat what you are doing for your daughter.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
jeffro2

Here is some shots of them individualy, so you can see them better.

The 80's blazer

75 Blazer

The 80's 4x4 Van

1964 CrewCab

The 80's Suburban

The 80's CrewCab

75 Chevy pickup

Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
WhippinSaw

I was watching your video on youtube of your extended crew cab when my wife came in and I had to convince her that it wasn't a full size truck. Excellent work, love the four wheeling.
WhippinSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #17
Andy4639
Old member

Wink Re: A gathering of small Chevrolets

You do some nice woork on them. They look real. I use to love building them. I have a couple of the clod buster's my self. They were the big dogs back in the 90's when I played with them. I also built a dragster truck with a 5000RPM black magic motor that would leave black marks on the road when you took off.
They collect dust now.

The C/B I would run 2 - 7.2 battery packs at a time for longer run times.

This one has a 6 way radio for it. The roll bar had functional light in it.
The hood raises up and it crab steer's to. I installed all metal ball bearings in it instead of the plastic ones in the kit.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhippinSaw View Post
I was watching your video on youtube of your extended crew cab when my wife came in and I had to convince her that it wasn't a full size truck. Excellent work, love the four wheeling.
Thank you, Thank you, thats what I love to hear about my trucks. Its the biggest reason I do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
You do some nice woork on them. They look real. I use to love building them. I have a couple of the clod buster's my self. They were the big dogs back in the 90's when I played with them. I also built a dragster truck with a 5000RPM black magic motor that would leave black marks on the road when you took off.
They collect dust now.
Thank you Andy, It was the Clod Buster that bit me back in 1991, and then I got into RC Dirt Oval racing a wedge (late model ??) bodies, a Camaro actually.

I am drooling so bad over your trucks, you shouldn't do that to me, they are like candy to me.

Thank you guys !!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: A gathering of small Chevrolets

Well if you want to drool over them in person I can make you a deal on them. I will tell u though they aren't cheap to build when you add the real bearings. I have over $500.00 in the yellow one and that's no radio are batteries.
I have the chargers and another car are two also.
If your intersted PM me and we will talk.

I have a bunch of spare parts also.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #20
82ccshorty

i need that 80s crew cab
2004 gmc sierra dually 4/4 lowering daily driver
82ccshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #21
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82ccshorty View Post
i need that 80s crew cab
Thank you, I hear that alot. It seems the Crew Cab is a big favorite. As of yet its not ready to go anywhere, but Thanks for asking.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #22
justcuz

The Tahoe is on youtube. I sent it to a fellow in Louisville Kentucky for lighting.I can post some of my other stuff later after I get done with a driveway project I have going on. Look on youtube for Orange County Sheriff Tahoe.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #23
RatRod68

When you decide to start dwindling your collection, I don't think you will have a problem getting rid of anything. haha
D-Ranged Ford Ranger on steroids

Semper Fi
RatRod68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #24
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRod68 View Post
When you decide to start dwindling your collection, I don't think you will have a problem getting rid of anything. haha
I really should, because I'm running out of room, but I just can't do it. I've sat there and looked at them, thinking which ones I could let go, but by the time I'm done, I can't decide on even one I would let go. I know, its kinda silly.

These pics are from last year, and its still not all of them

Its a mess.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #25
RatRod68

I think the old Dodge is my favorite
D-Ranged Ford Ranger on steroids

Semper Fi
RatRod68 is offline   Reply With Quote