The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Inheritance ... Long lost cousin

So going on two years ago I get this weird notice In the mail. Please call for information regarding an inheritance you have coming. Um yeah, no I don't think so. But I was a little bit curious so I called my brother. He also got the notice. We also have a half brother and sister in Texas, they got the notice, and yes it is real. Hmmm, its getting interesting.

So I called. A woman passed I had never heard of, a cousin down how many levels Ive yet to figure out. Never married never had kids. Lived in San Francisco. And the only reason my siblings and I are on the list is because our mother passed and it goes to the next in line.

After more research and doubts in my mind we found out the people that contacted us are a company that finds out about these inheritances before notice gets around. They contact the people that will be on the list, have them sign some sort of contract, and that company gets a percentage of your inheritance for letting you in on it ... Way more to it, that's the short version.

They send me a lot of paper work with little arrow posts its ... Sign here and here and here. I didn't sign it. I was still suspicious. We also found out during this time a bunch of other family members have received these notices. Aunts, Uncles etc. Some signed up, some didn't.

A week or so later we get phone calls. Some lady I had never heard of, a relative down the line. She is the family representative of this woman's estate. Now its getting real interesting. She gives me a lot of background info. The lady who passed has a few properties in San Francisco and a bunch of other assets.

I called my brother, Hey this could really be something. He just laughed at me, Yeah its interesting, but my guess is we will have enough to buy a nice dinner somewhere. Geeze brother, what a Debbie downer.

Well now we start getting all the official paper work in the mail from the law firm. Too bad for the suckers that signed the paperwork from that firm that is basically taking a finders fee. Im on the list without having to pay that ... Im going to be getting some real dough.

We find out there are around 32 people in line, dang I think my brother is going to be right. Then we find out the estate is estimated at 1.8 million dollars ... divided by 32 that's still a very nice chunk of change. I called my brother, what do you think now sucker? He just laughed, its not done yet.

So its been a long time (still no resolution) and there have been ups and downs. Found more property she owns, yay! I wont go in to the details but a lot of money ( a real lot ) has to be spent in order to get these properties saleable and there were a lot of other problems that are costing money, not lawyer scamming us money, real stuff.

Last I heard it was down to 800K, and I also found out something I missed reading all the lawyer papers that keep rolling in. There are tiers of inheritance and my siblings and I are bottom feeders, I mean bottom tier level haha!

Im afraid my brother is going to be correct. Get the check in the mail, go to dinner. Thanks cousin I have never heard of for the nice dinner.

If it ever gets resolved Ill post the findings. Its been kind of a fun trip so far.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote