The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
Homebuilt Hotrods

Need advise LS swap

I have a 2003 4.8 ls engine with 90k miles on it. It has the harness factory to the engine with the green/blue plugs. It is drive by wire. I do not have the pedal or module for the dbw. The trans part of the harness appears to be a dual plug for the neutral safety switch.

Computer is a 2003 6.0 express van with drive by cable which I plan to swap to. I'm told this computer was the one I need to use green/blue plug and run the stepper motor on the drive by cable throttle body.

trans is a 2002 4l60e 2wd from a 5.3 engine has a single plug for neutral safety switch.

I am looking for a recommendations on who to use to rework my harness and reflash my ecu in a timely manor.

I would like to reuse my own harness as I know it fits my engine with the included changes. Thank you for any advise.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 PM   #2
paul mora

Re: Need advise LS swap

I use B&P Automotive I have bead two harnesses reworked by them Just be sure to give them the correct application and the will return it converted. Don't be afraid to call them and ask some questions.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

People seems to like the guys at BP, lots of customers came from here. I personally use FuelInjectionConnection but I can't remember if their only doing new harnesses now (great stuff, just not cheap).

As for the ECU, I sternly suggest you find a local tuner to work with. Looking at your location however, that might be trickier. If there is a good (like you can talk to and see functioning customers cars) tuner locally, he'll be easier to deal with for small tweaks like tire sizes, or corrections for driveability. Any good real tuner should offer small fixes like that for free (mostly), and be your go-to guy for upgrades and troubleshooting related to the ECM and fuel control. Its like finding a tattoo artist...see their work, talk to them, and decide if they are right. Having a tuner is a long term relationship...hell my tuner outlasted my marriage!!

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:59 PM   #4
Homebuilt Hotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
People seems to like the guys at BP, lots of customers came from here. I personally use FuelInjectionConnection but I can't remember if their only doing new harnesses now (great stuff, just not cheap).

As for the ECU, I sternly suggest you find a local tuner to work with. Looking at your location however, that might be trickier. If there is a good (like you can talk to and see functioning customers cars) tuner locally, he'll be easier to deal with for small tweaks like tire sizes, or corrections for driveability. Any good real tuner should offer small fixes like that for free (mostly), and be your go-to guy for upgrades and troubleshooting related to the ECM and fuel control. Its like finding a tattoo artist...see their work, talk to them, and decide if they are right. Having a tuner is a long term relationship...hell my tuner outlasted my marriage!!
Thank you for the advise. i agree with you my location does limit me. I talked to Brenden at LT1swap.com and have paid to ship the ecu out to him for a rework and included wheel size, ratio, all the info he requested. After thinking on it a bit i plan to thin out my own harness. I have good basic wiring skills, if i screw it up ill buy new. Thanks so very much for the advise guys.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:01 AM   #5
Homebuilt Hotrods

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul mora View Post
I use B&P Automotive I have bead two harnesses reworked by them Just be sure to give them the correct application and the will return it converted. Don't be afraid to call them and ask some questions.
thank you! i have heard that a few times now. I think ill try to thin my harness out myself then go from there. If i screw it up then ill buy a new one. i will have lt1swap.com do my ecu. i have heard good things about him.