The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
TheSunDanceKid

new free 82!

so im at school today (autobody) and i was helping this other guy in my class build up a 81 c10 the kid gets into some trouble with pot and what not and gets the truck impounded and desides he doesnt want it and lets it go to the impound he then quits school and moved away before all this he bought an 82 c10 for a parts truck which is pretty complete with a straight 6 just like his 81 he ditches this one at school and my teacher comes up to me today and asks if i want the parts truck or if i can take it to the scrap yard for him

so yesterday i desided to keep it and work on it the only thing i noticed missing was the battery a passanger door and he didnt leave the key for it so i went out today and got an ignition for 20 bucks put it in got a battery we had laying around and charged it up and first try the thing started up(it had been sitting in a field for 6years+) got all that set up and gutted the interior only rust was on the passanger floor board which this parts truck came also with an extra rust free cab in the bed the kid that owned it also left at my house a brand new suiside door kit and poper kit that he was going to put on his and just left behind and doesnt want
not sure of the plan yet with it just looking at a cheap fix up for now ill keep updated

free list
82 chevy
81 rust free cab
suiside kit
poper kit

parts bought
$20 ignition

this was the truck he just let go to the impound also all new holly carb valve covers complete ignition bunch of other stuff he had just paid 2000$ on the top end and exaust 400$ on the stereo and subs then ran out of money and couldnt get enough to get it out of impound

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 11-13-2009 at 01:48 AM.
TheSunDanceKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #2
umbra

Re: new free 82!

That is a sweet deal you got there! Also I noticed there are no periods in that entire story lol ;-). You must be excited since you basically got a truck for the price of that ignition switch.
umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
OARNGESI

NICE PROJECT HERES SOME DOORS IF YOU NEED A SET http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/1450892025.html
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #4
TheSunDanceKid

alight i have desided to put both the truck and the cab up for trade dont really need another project and dont really have the money to do much with it ill get some more pics tonight at school ones a complete truck missing the battery and the passanger door and the floor has rust the cab should have no rust it has a runing but needs to be rebuilt straight 6
ill put this in a more appropriate section of the forum when i get off school with the pics
im looking for a set of 33"-35" tires with rims for my 77cheyenne and atleast a 2" lift or bigger dont care if its body/spacer/suspention lift in decent shape for everything on the truck and the cab they are both arizona trucks by the way

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 11-12-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
coolbus4us
cuts corners

Sweet deal!

Do they still teach punctuation at school?
coolbus4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
TheSunDanceKid

yes just dont care to use it on a forum
dont really know what section would be appropriate for this not really selling any thing just trade/bargan?

^^has a dent in passanger minimal surface rust and some riples in the floor

^^ good cab missing passanger cab corner but only a little surface rust

^^decent driver door
a
^^ dirty straight 6 needs rebuilt a battery but currently does run

decent tailgate

its an old forest service truck has 4 tires that hold air some surface rust on front clip and frames not to bad at all the cab thats on it floorboards are rusted but comes with the other cab with decent floor boards they are both arizona cabs so surface rust means surface rust

Last edited by TheSunDanceKid; 11-13-2009 at 12:27 AM.