The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

1964 C10 Door panel screws

A few questions
1. Does anyone know exactly what screw to use? Size and length?
2. Is there a clip or something that holds the handles on the door handle/lock and window crank? What keeps them from falling off?
3. Do I kneed to buy gasket material for the door panel or just bolt it up? I am assuming it will rattle?
4. Has anyone found a cheaper place to buy the door window channel set? LMC is $80.

Thanks

Last edited by YOLO; 04-29-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added more questions
YOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
Nanook

Re: 1964 C10 Door panel screws

Answer to #2...set screws with a flat blade screwdriver
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO View Post
A few questions
1. Does anyone know exactly what screw to use? Size and length?
2. Is there a clip or something that holds the handles on the door handle/lock and window crank? What keeps them from falling off?
3. Do I kneed to buy gasket material for the door panel or just bolt it up? I am assuming it will rattle?
4. Has anyone found a cheaper place to buy the door window channel set? LMC is $80.

Thanks
1. I don't remember the thread size, but I used 1/4" long screws. First time I used a stainless round head screw. It fit fine but didn't look quite right near other stock hardware. I swapped it out for a Truss head when I did my custom door panels and it fit the recess better.

2. They are on a spline and held with a set screw. If you take them on and off a bunch, go get a small allen set screw instead...it won't strip nearly as often. The pot metal handles can get sloppy if they are worn out, you can use epoxy or putty to build the gap up for a more solid fit. There is also a little cardboard washer and "gasket" that goes behind the handle it to take up the gap.

3. I've never bought the stuff that LMC sells for inside the door panels (like a thin low density foam. Instead I use 3m seam sealer tape for any chaffe areas to prevent vibration (including doors, fenders, exposed stuff).

4. no clue.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:54 PM   #4
YOLO
Custom Truck Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
1. I don't remember the thread size, but I used 1/4" long screws. First time I used a stainless round head screw. It fit fine but didn't look quite right near other stock hardware. I swapped it out for a Truss head when I did my custom door panels and it fit the recess better.

2. They are on a spline and held with a set screw. If you take them on and off a bunch, go get a small allen set screw instead...it won't strip nearly as often. The pot metal handles can get sloppy if they are worn out, you can use epoxy or putty to build the gap up for a more solid fit. There is also a little cardboard washer and "gasket" that goes behind the handle it to take up the gap.

3. I've never bought the stuff that LMC sells for inside the door panels (like a thin low density foam. Instead I use 3m seam sealer tape for any chaffe areas to prevent vibration (including doors, fenders, exposed stuff).

4. no clue.
Thank you very much.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #5
63burban
Chevy addict

Door panel screws and handle washers are available from Classic Truck Parts and look real close to correct.
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:04 AM   #6
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63burban View Post
Door panel screws and handle washers are available from Classic Truck Parts and look real close to correct.
My local Ace hardware had USA stainless ones for cheeeeaaaap compared to what CTP wants...plus you always need a few odd more...your gonna lose a few and I needed like 75 screws.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote