The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 AM   #1
Damien

Spark knock?

I put a used engine in my '92 K1500 a few months ago and the engine had been running great. I think the engine has about 150K on it. Over the last couple weeks my gas mileage has been getting worse, about 10 mpg, but I figured this was because the temps have been below zero. The truck started idling a little rough yesterday and this afternoon I noticed the coolant temp was bouncing around between -32 and 190 degrees. About the time the DTC for the coolant temp sensor was set I noticed the engine knocking. I replaced the coolant temp sensor and the pigtail tonight, but now I have a knock that gets progressively worse while accelerating and during highway driving. If I shift into neutral and rev the engine its not there. I checked the timing and that seems fine. What else should I be looking at? Ignition module? Thank you for the help.