The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
Stitch
Account Suspended

stitch/jeebus moved from project build thread

Do you have a tracking number for the dash cover that you sent back to me? You supposedly sent it out last week this time, I sent the new correct dash cover to you on Monday and the USPS tracking says that it's in the truck on the way to you now or it's already gotten to you...why hasn't the other one shown up here yet when it's been shipped 3 days before the one I sent you? I sent you the new cover without getting the old cover in return first...Please tell me that wasn't a mistake.

Last edited by Stitch; 05-04-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Jeebus

Re: New Crew Cab Project Truck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Do you have a tracking number for the dash cover that you sent back to me? You supposedly sent it out last week this time, I sent the new correct dash cover to you on Monday and the USPS tracking says that it's in the truck on the way to you now or it's already gotten to you...why hasn't the other one shown up here yet when it's been shipped 3 days before the one I sent you? I sent you the new cover without getting the old cover in return first...Please tell me that wasn't a mistake.
LOL

I shipped the cover back friday of last week. I actually printed the postage on tuesday or something, but by the time i got around to getting it in the mail box, it was friday. We had some wicked flooding around here... I figured, you had me wait 5 weeks for the dash cover, you getting it back a couple days late was no big deal..... but i guess it was? Thats like me saying after the week went by that you quoted me to do the job, that i hope it was not a mistake to pay you before you send it.... settle down man, i was patient for around 5 weeks with you, Im sure you will see it any day now.

btw, i have recieved nothing from you. USPS does not update tracking on a scan by scan basis, so you are not able to see if its "on the truck" being delivered, so im not sure where your gathering that from. The only thing USPS will say, is that its "In transit" which is what it says the day you ship it, untill the day you get it, they only do scans at majior terminals, not each step of the way. If you sent it monday, the earliest i will see it will be friday im sure, most of my town is still shut down from flooding.

Got the door panels all installed and they look great. The rear covers were kind of hard to make work tho.

Taylor
Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Stitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
hell no hes not doing them, if he were doing them, i would still be waiting for them
sorta like I'm STILL waiting on the dash cover you supposedly sent back to me...where's the tracking number?
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Stitch
Account Suspended

oh yeah....

looks like it says that it went out to you this morning at 1:41 am

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 3220 0001 5752 4009
Expected Delivery Date: May 4, 2011
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our ALLEN PARK, MI 48101 facility on May 04, 2011 at 1:41 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
Stitch
Account Suspended

that's what happens when you have a tracking number

Last edited by Stitch; 05-04-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Jeebus

Quote:
sorta like I'm STILL waiting on the dash cover you supposedly sent back to me...where's the tracking number?

I have no clue? does usps give a tracking number for everything? Ill have to look through all my reciepts and check i guess. Im not even sure i requested tracking or not...? I dont do a lot of usps shipping, but i liked how it fit in that flat rate box thing.

Is it part of the reciept number?

Taylor
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Jeebus

Quote:
oh yeah....

looks like it says that it went out to you this morning at 1:41 am

Label/Receipt Number: 0309 3220 0001 5752 4009
Expected Delivery Date: May 4, 2011
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our ALLEN PARK, MI 48101 facility on May 04, 2011 at 1:41 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Like i said, im sure i wont see them untill friday. Allen park is like 150 miles from my house... maybee more, im not sure.

If it gets into town tommorrow sometime, ill see it fridayish...

Definentally not today.

Taylor
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Stitch
Account Suspended

nope you have to pay extra for delivery confirmation which is their tracking system
Old 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
Jeebus

Quote:
nope you have to pay extra for delivery confirmation which is their tracking system

Im not sure they put it on there or not. Ill dig up my receipts and find out. It was just in a regular flat rate box, i think medium size, but i put insurance on it i think, because they would only cover up to 50$ for free...

Taylor
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
Jeebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
X2 on the pics

oh and btw Taylor, i was just thinking man 5 weeks aint so bad when you conceder problems that may arise like wrong materials, lack of materials, family issues, and here's a good one...making a mistake on what year of dash you have...because i have waited up to 4 months just to get an inner fender primed! patience pays off for me when i have to deal with perfectionist painters and interior guys

Quote:
Patience definitely pays off in the end man, but it sure as hell is hard to deal with it as it's happening.... Just gotta remember that if we rush it, it won't be how we truly want it to be in the end!!!

I think you both may be misunderstanding what the situation was. If he would have been straight up with me in the begining and told me it could take anywhere from 4-8 weeks, i would have had no problem waiting for it at all. He has seemed to make good products.

But, when the first week comes and goes with a story about not having material, it was a minor set back. then the second week comes and goes with no update... it was another setback. When the third week comes and he tells me that there almost done and can be sent out this weekend... then that week comes and goes, and so does another with no update or package, and it finally got to be a majior majior inconvenience. Doing this was supposed to save me time, and help my interior guy get everything i needed done faster.... and all it ended up doing was setting me back further. Its not like he told me up front it will take 4-5 weeks, and i got mad when it was a day late. He told me he would have them to me in a week. I got them over a month later... and that has NOTHING to do with my dash bring wrong, that was after the fact of the 5 week delay.

I run a business as well. I know how unexpected things come up and hinder your turnaround time. I also know not to set a date for a customer unless i know i can complete it in half the time, and all my vendors are lined up. And being that i run a business, i have to somewhat "rush" my personal vehicles so they do not take up customer time and space, and when a majior delay like this starts to affect my customers as well, i need to do something about it, plan and simple.

I dont expect anyone to see it from my point of view, because im the new guy on this site, and stitch is the beloved interior guy. Its all good. Keep lecturing on how much more patient i should have been, and I will keep building.

Good luck, ill post some pics of the doors and dash as soon as there installed, but with the delayed time frame on it, the stereo is getting done first now, so its all going in backwards to how i had scheduled. Be sure to check the build out on SSM.

Taylor
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Stitch
Account Suspended

actually, there was no 'story' about not having material...I told you they sent me the wrong color which they did...then they sent me the right color, but not enough...I could have sent you the dash or the door panels but not both...I don't send out half orders...then they send me the extra material and I started on it...all while working on everyone else's stuff...also, I had three birthday's on three different weekends to throw/attend in March...which would have been no big deal if I had gotten the right material to begin with...If I could have gotten it done sooner after the supplier delays I would have, but I had prior engagements that I had to attend to...sorry, actually I'm not going to say sorry anymore...I think I've told you sorry enough...When I told you I could get it done in a week, I had all intentions of doing so, but when the material came in wrong, it set me back...I guess you've never had a supplier screw something up...

and on a side note, I notice how you haven't mentioned the fact that YOU screwed up the order on the dash not knowing what year it was...I sent you a new dash cover without receiving the old one, which now seems to be lost in the mail...I didn't charge you for the new cover or the shipping on it either...I also will not be able to recoup any money from the old dash cover that you ordered wrong because it has beige stitching in it and it's a black dash...it's custom not something for a restoration...

Last edited by Stitch; 05-04-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
Jeebus

Its all whatever to me now anyways, the updates and stories and rapid communication your showing in this thread would have been wonderfull during the time of my order to atleast keep me posted on what was going on, so i could plan around it. but like i said, its all whatever to me now, Good luck stitch, the parts have been fantastic so far, and i will take some pics soon.

Also remember, If i would have had my parts in the week time frame you initally told me, Me having the wrong model dash would not have been a big issue, hell i probably would have had it installed all ready, and just paid you for a new one if need be.

I know in both my shops, i keep weekly inventory. When stock reaches below 50% a call is made to check the lead time on replenishing my inventory to 100% operating level, and i make a call from there to replinish depending on their lead time. Trust me i know how much of a pain in the ass dealing with vendors can be, and how wishy washey it can be as well, tell you one thing, then send another all that good stuff. I know it first hand. But, i learn from it each time.

I wouldnt have thought black vinyl would be that difficult to find really. They must be as bad as the poly bushing companies lol.

Taylor

Last edited by Jeebus; 05-04-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Jeebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
Stitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
Also remember, If i would have had my parts in the week time frame you initally told me, Me having the wrong model dash would not have been a big issue, hell i probably would have had it installed all ready, and just paid you for a new one if need be.
That's great, but the fact remains you haven't paid for the second cover I sent you...It is what it is...Because I didn't meet the deadline I originally told you because of the suppliers, on my end I understand, that constitutes you not paying for the second cover and the shipping when you ordered the wrong part to begin with?? I have to eat the cover because of your mistake?

Last edited by Stitch; 05-04-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
Stitch
Account Suspended

Quote:
That's great, but the fact remains you haven't paid for the second cover I sent you...It is what it is...Because I didn't meet the deadline I originally told you because of the suppliers, on my end I understand, that constitutes you not paying for the second cover and the shipping when you ordered the wrong part to begin with?? I have to eat the cover because of your mistake?
So I guess you're gonna side step this and not man up and answer the question.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
Jeebus

What question was side stepped? LOL you guys are hilarious. I "manned up" and answered the question a couple pages ago. The cover was sent back last week, do you remember me telling you that? It looks like your just going to have to sit tight and be patent huh? Im sure it will be there within a week!

Its funny, you side step shipping me my stuff for 5 weeks and its all good because you had sooooo many issues you just couldnt predict, but I cant provide you a tracking number at a drop of a hat the day you ask for it, and Im now side stepping questions and not manning up. LOL. Your a riot man. Here is the answer for ya one last time, just to clear it up for ya.

The old cover that you were 5 weeks late shipping to me, is in the mail to you. It got sent out on friday of last week. I did not get tracking on it that I know of. You should see it soon. If it has not arrived in 5-9 days from the shipping date, I will call on it and see what info i can get for ya, untill then you will just have to be patient i guess.

Hope all is well!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
Pop's C-10

some stuff could be handled in private...not all out in tha open..hopefull a mod does tha right thing & cleans this up..smh
Pop's C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:38 AM   #17
CowboyProtectionUnit

LOL yeah i hear ya

TheCowBoyProtectionUnit@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-T...59496227444241

Last edited by CowboyProtectionUnit; 05-05-2011 at 11:39 AM.
CowboyProtectionUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #18
Stitch
Account Suspended

Funny thing is I've never had a Priority USPS flat rate box take more than 2-3 days to get anywhere. Let alone 5-9 days. Tomorrow is 7 days. If it's not here tomorrow I'll be sure to let you know.

And I'm not asking you to tell me the tracking number at a moments notice. You told me last Friday that if it hadn't gotten to me by monday you'd find the tracking number for me. Well, guess what, it's way past Monday now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Stitch; 05-05-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #19
Jeebus

Really? the priority box you just sent monday has all ready taken 4 days lol.

Like i said, it looks like you will just have to be patient for it. the post office tole me there is nothing they can do about it untill 5-9 days in transit, depending on the location.

Last edited by Jeebus; 05-05-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Jeebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #20
Stitch
Account Suspended

Funny thing is though. The same distance that my box was sent to you has taken your box 6 days in transit already when mine only took 3 days. If you would post the tracing number all of this would be solved. That is if you actually sent it out.

And just FYI I sent it Monday. That means Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday equals 3 days like I said.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Stitch; 05-05-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #21
Jeebus

LOL

this is too good. It should be there within a week
Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #22
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: stitch/jeebus moved from project build thread

bs cleaned up from build thread.. ya'll either deal with it in private or in the proper area. Hijacking a build thread for this is simply unacceptable.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Funny thing is I've never had a Priority USPS flat rate box take more than 2-3 days to get anywhere. Let alone 5-9 days. Tomorrow is 7 days. If it's not here tomorrow I'll be sure to let you know.

Posted via Mobile Device
Just a tidbit of my own experience. I have twice had priority boxes take almost a month to get where they are going. Both times had no tracking, which easily solves the issue. If you go into any PO and ask, they will tell you priority mail is usually there in 3 days. There is no time guarantee and it can take any amount of time.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote