The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #76
Kyle@FTP

Re: Anyone here run drag week?

Heavy, Whats the word after day 1?

I have been txting with Jason Doisher today. He had some troubles today and when they figured it out smoked the tires at the launch. His wife has a cool 65 c10 and they are in the tan wagon. They are good people.
Kyle@FTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #77
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I was watching the stream for a little bit early. The first 60ft looked slick AF, at least around 11-1 when I was watching.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #78
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I was watching the stream for a little bit early. The first 60ft looked slick AF, at least around 11-1 when I was watching.
It couldnt have been that bad. Lutz went 6.04.

Jason made 3 passes this morning and the best being 9.08. Turned in his time slip and packed up. Im hoping he gets in the 8s tomorrow. They are having to weigh the cars after. He weighed in at 3500lbs. That wagon is a pig but its so darn cool!
Kyle@FTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #79
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

I'm hoping to load my gear up tonight and greet the incoming traffic at the track tomorrow AM. All I have to do is wake up before 11....damn.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #80
djracer

Lutz is out after ignition problems in his promod camaro! He ran a 6.05 at 250plus on day one!

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #81
treeboy97

I went to Indi yesterday. I believe I saw at least 4 C10s running drag week.
Attached Images

2012 Victory Cross Country Touring

I'm not wasting money on my truck/bike, I'm helping to rescue the economy one mod at a time.
treeboy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #82
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Someone launched their truck off the road last night. Wrecked the trailer up pretty bad.
Scary to think about falling asleep at the wheel in a dragweek car.

Between Larson not running this year, Lutz dropping out...its a shame. That being said, the "street eliminator" class is much better than the DD class from years before.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:28 AM   #83
Heavymetl

I have not had much time to hit teh interwebs, but so far we're having a blast. After 3 days I'm in the quick 32, 11.60 average. Cordova today and pressures on to keep the pace!
Moser 9" 3.25/4 wheel discs
11.16@121.07
Heavymetl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:42 AM   #84
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Congrats man! The live stream from Cordova locked up so most of us didn't get to see anything after about noonish. Ill be watching live again tomorrow.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:21 AM   #85
scott-wisc

Union Grove
Attached Images

scott-wisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:53 PM   #86
urmyboyblue

Anyone going to DW this year?
urmyboyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:21 AM   #87
moggey01

Heading to St.Louis for drag radial race this weekend.
moggey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:05 AM   #88
Heavymetl

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmyboyblue View Post
Anyone going to DW this year?
Indeed. I live in Columbus...so I was stoked when DW tracks were announced and it starts/ends near home.

I'll be taking the turbo C10 again. It's agonizing to turn down the boost and run 11.50's...but that's the rule and it's more about the experience of the week anyway.
Moser 9" 3.25/4 wheel discs
11.16@121.07
Heavymetl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:38 PM   #89
HAULIN' IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetl View Post
Indeed. I live in Columbus...so I was stoked when DW tracks were announced and it starts/ends near home.
We met last year on DragWeek. Cool truck you have there!
I plan to see you in Columbus...we didn't get registered however Im planning to show up & hope to get in...so far they have never turned away someone standing there wanting to go. I've added one of those "round mufflers" under the hood of mine as well. Take Care, Lorne
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #90
moggey01

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAULIN' IT View Post
We met last year on DragWeek. Cool truck you have there!
I plan to see you in Columbus...we didn't get registered however Im planning to show up & hope to get in...so far they have never turned away someone standing there wanting to go. I've added one of those "round mufflers" under the hood of mine as well. Take Care, Lorne
Is Columbus an NHRA owned track? I have not been there since 2001. It always seemed to have bad rain drainage problems.
moggey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #91
urmyboyblue

Columbus is an NHRA track. Hope you get in, Lorne. Still running the Olds even with the round muffler?

As for me, I got in for the fifth time. I have only participated once. The other three times that I did not make it were due to issues with the truck-1) oiling issues ate the crank the day before I was to leave (last Olds engine I will ever run), 2) a cooling issue that I could not get resolved on a new engine (bad radiator), and 3) another oiling issue that starved the top end of the engine (the lifter manufacturer failed to mention oil grade restrictions).

So hopefully I will make it. I hope to get my success rate up from 25% to 40%.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:06 AM   #92
HAULIN' IT

Rusty? Yes, I'm using one of the Diesels converted. May be foolish, but may not be...time will tell.
Hope to see you there, but it's not looking good on my end...I have a few things coming up eating up weekends which are about the only time I have to get anything done.
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #93
urmyboyblue

Yep- this is Rusty.

I hope you get your truck done. The diesel block should be a good platform for the turbo build. They were the best block, IMO.

Good luck and hope to see you there.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:42 AM   #94
Hayden Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmyboyblue View Post
Yep- this is Rusty.

I hope you get your truck done. The diesel block should be a good platform for the turbo build. They were the best block, IMO.

Good luck and hope to see you there.

I don't do the street elimantor series but I do high school drag and my best time is 9.56 which in my 84 chevy c10 with no mods on a crate 350 motor is not a bad time I don't think. What's y'alls opinions?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hayden Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #95
WannaBe68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden Buck View Post
I don't do the street elimantor series but I do high school drag and my best time is 9.56 which in my 84 chevy c10 with no mods on a crate 350 motor is not a bad time I don't think. What's y'alls opinions?
Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry...just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly. You ran a 9.56 1/4 mile in a c10 with no modifications and a crate 350. So your unmodified c10 with a crate 350 is hitting around 140mph in the 1/4 mile?

That's.........amazing.
WannaBe68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:15 PM   #96
nebdrummer

I'm guessing 1/8th mile time.

I just completed Rocky Mountain race week this last year.. Same principal as drag week. Kearney Nebraska, Denver Colorado, Pueblo Colorado, Great Bend Kansas, and back to Kearney.

literally had 2 1/8th mile passes before I went on the week. I entered in the 12 second class as I have no cage. It put down 761whp on only 16 lbs on a mustang dyno. First all out 1/4 mile was a 9.87@140, drove to bandimire, dropped three jets out of the front of the carb and ran a 9.90 @ 138.8. it was a blast, and hope to do it every year. I took along a canopy tent, radial tires and drag radials to switch out, small tool box, wood blocks, jack and jack stands, 10 gallon extra of e85, a big cooler, and a 5 gallon bucket with spare electrical stuff. didn't have a single issue other than a flat tire from running over a big bolt. driving in the rain on drag radials isn't fun! lol.

But yea, I highly recommend looking up Rocky Mountain Race Week. Same idea, smaller crowd, and you can actually win money for each class.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=380212
nebdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #97
1Bad72C10

@BR3 can you tell me what to expect if i decide to go to drag week next year. Borrowski is building my motor and trans now. I dont even know what I will be able to run as Ken over at Borrowski is telling me I should be able to hit high 7's with ease. Not sure I want to go that fast we will see what the dyno comes back on the motor once its done. By the way I'm thinking of going in 2019. Just trying to figure out what exactly I would be in for and what kind of cage I would have to put in the truck to be able to run.
1Bad72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:58 PM   #98
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Bad72C10 View Post
@BR3 can you tell me what to expect if i decide to go to drag week next year. Borrowski is building my motor and trans now. I dont even know what I will be able to run as Ken over at Borrowski is telling me I should be able to hit high 7's with ease. Not sure I want to go that fast we will see what the dyno comes back on the motor once its done. By the way I'm thinking of going in 2019. Just trying to figure out what exactly I would be in for and what kind of cage I would have to put in the truck to be able to run.
I only have experience with seeing individual event stops, as we haven't had our entry (Trans Am, not my truck) done at that time of year in the last few seasons. What I do know from previous runners is; your allowed a trailer, take it. Pack it like a boyscout, the faster you run the more crap you gotta lug around. The secret to winning a class is to get in early, make a clean pass in your time category, and get on with the trip..but it doesn't usually work that way, and it's why it's fun to watch

What motor is Ken building? I've met those guys a handful of times and rode in their El Camino before it was stolen.

Running 7's reliably at dragweek has been done but thats also deep into the bigger players, and honestly I can't imagine what it takes some of the sub 8 second cars to hold together on these trips. It seems like the 10 second classes (which used to feel so fast when the event started years ago) is a "practical" class these days, with the largest competitive fields being the 8.50-9.50 cars. 7's would mean like a 7.50 cert? Thats like 25.2/3 sfi cage territory.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #99
1Bad72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
I only have experience with seeing individual event stops, as we haven't had our entry (Trans Am, not my truck) done at that time of year in the last few seasons. What I do know from previous runners is; your allowed a trailer, take it. Pack it like a boyscout, the faster you run the more crap you gotta lug around. The secret to winning a class is to get in early, make a clean pass in your time category, and get on with the trip..but it doesn't usually work that way, and it's why it's fun to watch

What motor is Ken building? I've met those guys a handful of times and rode in their El Camino before it was stolen.

Running 7's reliably at dragweek has been done but thats also deep into the bigger players, and honestly I can't imagine what it takes some of the sub 8 second cars to hold together on these trips. It seems like the 10 second classes (which used to feel so fast when the event started years ago) is a "practical" class these days, with the largest competitive fields being the 8.50-9.50 cars. 7's would mean like a 7.50 cert? Thats like 25.2/3 sfi cage territory.

Yes sir Ken is putting a 540 tt together for me. We were just discussing the el Camino lol. This one is a street truck but the next one will be street strip with a 540 tt on either c16 or methanol. Was just curious what to kind of expect from a dragweek as Ken and I are discussing that very thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
1Bad72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #100
urmyboyblue

Registered for DW again this year. Hopefully will make it. My goals as usual are to finish DW first and actually qualify for the 32 car Street Machine Eliminator final race. We will see... made some changes to the truck to make it go faster. I hope I was right.