The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #101
bluesfella

Re: 66 Short step "Trad Rod" build, A Pabst Blue ribbon theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird7263 View Post
Spider caps are cool. I would love a set. But to much money.. I bought the bullet caps for $29 with shipping and they look cool in their own way... Again I am working on a very limited budget..
So, where did you get the bullet caps, and how did you attach them? Been thinking about doing the same to mine....
Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #102
Roadhammer

Beautiful Truck...Like your style...Building on a budget sure gives a truck character I LOVE IT!

Jory
Roadhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #103
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Thanks for all the kind words.. But,,,,,, She is up for sale. Now with a family I had a to take a long hard look at what is important. And I need something I can put the family in and drive year round with all the rain, snow and Ice.

1965 Chevy 1/2T Longbox, soon to be a slammed shop truck

Build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591266

Semper Fi Marines
bird7263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #104
Ru5tyNut5

so now is where you post again 3 months later and say that you changed your mind, you still have her, and then you post 200 new pics of all the cool new stuff you did since you jokingly told everyone you were selling her.

Project Ru5tyNut5
Ru5tyNut5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #105
OvertimeRide

When you say cheap paint job how much are you actually talking about. I have a 62 on a 65 frame that is ready for paint but don't know a ball park figure for a job like yours.
OvertimeRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:41 AM   #106
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru5tyNut5 View Post
so now is where you post again 3 months later and say that you changed your mind, you still have her, and then you post 200 new pics of all the cool new stuff you did since you jokingly told everyone you were selling her.
I have not posted any thing new about her. Hell I have not even driven it in three months. Better check your math. I still get a lot of Questions about her. She is still for sale for the right price. Not much of a market right now.

Semper Fi Marines
Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 AM   #107
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvertimeRide View Post
When you say cheap paint job how much are you actually talking about. I have a 62 on a 65 frame that is ready for paint but don't know a ball park figure for a job like yours.
Well, check your local paint shop on paint prices. This thing was painted in a barn with minimal body work and zero finish work. No wet sand, color sand cut or buff. Just squirted and waxed. Quick easy and cheap.

Semper Fi Marines
Old 01-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #108
Ru5tyNut5

Quote:
I have not posted any thing new about her. Hell I have not even driven it in three months. Better check your math. I still get a lot of Questions about her. She is still for sale for the right price. Not much of a market right now.

re-read my post.....everything I said was in reference to the fact that you had not posted in 3 months which is why I said what I said about you posting "3 months later" it was more wishfull thinking on my part, hoping that you hadn't sold her so that maybe we could get together at some of the Beaches events this summer....I guess it flew right over your head due to the semi rude comment about checking my math. re-read it a few times, you'll get it.

Project Ru5tyNut5
Old 01-13-2010, 11:12 PM   #109
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Quote:
re-read my post.....everything I said was in reference to the fact that you had not posted in 3 months which is why I said what I said about you posting "3 months later" it was more wishfull thinking on my part, hoping that you hadn't sold her so that maybe we could get together at some of the Beaches events this summer....I guess it flew right over your head due to the semi rude comment about checking my math. re-read it a few times, you'll get it.
Your right, Sorry. I was half lit off Pabst when I read it before bed last night. Check out my other build thread I started on the 73-91 Blazer Board. I just bought a 87 K5 Budget build. Sorry for coming off rude. I will buy you some beers this summer at Beaches.

Semper Fi Marines
Old 01-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #110
Ru5tyNut5

No worries bro, I didn't take anything personal I knew that you had mis-read it. I'm also a fan of smart ass come backs when I think somebody said something stupid so I knew where you were coming from. Also, knowing that your a big fan of the Pabst I thought that may fit into the equation somewhere. I had already checked out your new build thread, I used to have an '86 Jimmy so I dig those too. I wish I could afford your truck, I'm diggin it too, but with already working on my '76 and having my big jeep on craigslist waiting to sell, there is no way my wife would let me buy another toy. Anyhow, I'll have to take you up on the pabst at Beaches unless you and Jack and any other locals want to get together before Beaches starts.

Project Ru5tyNut5
Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #111
DaddyMack
Wide Eyed User

Love the truck.. and the theme... My g/f has a little ranch/bar in Ely, NV and I make her carry Pabst because I drink it..lol.. she calls me everytime someone orders one..lol...

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=294723

Final (as final can be ) Pics: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=393441
DaddyMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #112
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Ru5ty- if you go over to the HAMB you can search under Voodoo Doughnut. Most of all the guys are meeting down at Voodoo off of Sandy Blvd the first Sunday of the month. All the Rat Car Clubs hit it up.. Pretty cool with about 50 or so rides. I actually have weekends off right now. I have a buddy that owns Action Jacksons off of 122 and Powell. Maybe we should meet up there on a Saturday or Sunday soon. He serves Pabst tall boys and its a great place to get some good greasy breakfast. Maybe we could round up all the Chevy boys in the Portland area for a breakfast and show and shine for chev trucks!!!

Anybody think this would work in the next month or so????

Semper Fi Marines
Old 01-15-2010, 12:33 AM   #113
Ru5tyNut5

It definately works for me, not sure that I can take my '76 yet though. only the front half is bagged so far and my tank and some other odds and ends aren't mounted. I can throw it together ghetto style to take it down there I guess, wouldn't be that hard. I need to figure out how to notch my frame and make some kind of trailing arm setup and panhard bar, but my welder isn't big enough, I have no clue what I'm doing, and I'm broke as a joke like most of us so I'm just hoping to finish bagging it by june for Beaches. I just found Voodoo donuts the other day when I was cruisin around lookin for portland compressor to see what kind of fittings they have, don't waste your time going to portland compressor for fittings by the way. So now that we've totally taken your build thread down a side street, I'm down for whatever so we'll have to see how many others we can round up.

Project Ru5tyNut5
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #114
Ru5tyNut5

P.S......I don't know anybody so I wouldn't be too great at rounding people up. I've spoke to Jack on the phone once, he seems like a really good guy, I'm sure he can get some of his club to show up and I know you guys are friends.

Project Ru5tyNut5
Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #115
xratt

I just installed stock steely wheels, i scored from the junk yard. Had new white walls mounted yesterday. Looks much like your now. Except still stock silver color. I do plan on painting them black too. Not sure if I'm keeping the beauty rings on them or not. I have no center caps. I really like your bullet style center caps. I would love to steal this idea from yours. Where are they from?

Its funny too, I have a PBR shift knob too. And this was before I saw yours. Mines the actual draft tap knob. A little bulky, but mines and automatic. So i dont grab it like a stick shift.

Mines a daily driver, bagged, no frills, rusty truck that i love. Bondo and all!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...9&goto=newpost
xratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #116
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by xratt View Post
I just installed stock steely wheels, i scored from the junk yard. Had new white walls mounted yesterday. Looks much like your now. Except still stock silver color. I do plan on painting them black too. Not sure if I'm keeping the beauty rings on them or not. I have no center caps. I really like your bullet style center caps. I would love to steal this idea from yours. Where are they from?

Its funny too, I have a PBR shift knob too. And this was before I saw yours. Mines the actual draft tap knob. A little bulky, but mines and automatic. So i dont grab it like a stick shift.

Mines a daily driver, bagged, no frills, rusty truck that i love. Bondo and all!
Sweet dude.. I am on a mission to find a set of stock chrome steely wheels. I want to try a different look this summer. I got my caps form Lug Nut King off of Ebay. cheap and easy!

Semper Fi Marines
Old 01-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #117
Ru5tyNut5

So does that mean you're pulling the for sale sign off? I just sold my jeep wrangler about 15 minutes ago, only been on craigslist a couple days but I priced it to sell. Hopefully my wife will let me keep a little of the money to put into my '76, we'll see.

Project Ru5tyNut5
Old 01-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #118
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Quote:
So does that mean you're pulling the for sale sign off? I just sold my jeep wrangler about 15 minutes ago, only been on craigslist a couple days but I priced it to sell. Hopefully my wife will let me keep a little of the money to put into my '76, we'll see.

I really don't want to sell it. I am gonna hold on to it for now. I would only sell if some one offered me a silly amount of money for it. That is the only way it would be worth if for me. That way I could start over on a new one.

Semper Fi Marines
Old 01-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #119
slepysal

Quote:
I really don't want to sell it. I am gonna hold on to it for now. I would only sell if some one offered me a silly amount of money for it. That is the only way it would be worth if for me. That way I could start over on a new one.
I had a bro who didnt want to sell his 66 impala, but told his wife he would. He drove around for a year with a for sale sign on it asking 7k . Wouldn't you know it some one gave him the what he was asking for it!! He gave is wife 2,000 ,and sure as snot he bought another one!!! HMMM kinda of what Chief did too!!

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #120
Sicboy

Quote:
Hey Bird, I'd love to see it. Bring it down to the H.A.M.B. & Donuts at Voodoo Donuts on Sandy...1st Sunday of every month. I'll be there in my silver/white '66.

Cheers,
Gary

Project build (2): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=370985

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...Wow, What a Ride!”
- Hunter S. Thompson
Sicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #121
justpball

Love the truck bird! really digg the retro stuff!

87 Crew SWB
Build for the crew
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430082

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3232925
90 burb 2wd

Build Thread For The Burb!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=383055
justpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #122
REDNOSE65

what's in the crate in the back of the bed?

LOS HITTERS C.C
DALLAS, TEXAS

The making of a Red Nose...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=396518
REDNOSE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #123
bird7263
Urban Chop Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNOSE65 View Post
what's in the crate in the back of the bed?
If you scroll back a few pages you can see my nifty little tool kit and essentials for travel. I really wish I could keep a cold case of beer back there but then again, I would have piled up the truck, because I can not stop drinking pabst!!

Semper Fi Marines
Old 01-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #124
70stroker

your truck is sweet. Lovin it
70stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #125
REDNOSE65

Talking Re: 66 Short step "Trad Rod" build, A Pabst Blue ribbon theme

Quote:
i have had several guys email me and say how much they love the pabst stuff. Especially the box.. Its not to big but check out what i can fit in it.. Also the little ammo can fits prefect with extra tools and dry storage.

Here are a few pics..

just saw the pics...great idea!!!
(i actually thought it was a fuel cell)

LOS HITTERS C.C
DALLAS, TEXAS

The making of a Red Nose...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=396518

Last edited by REDNOSE65; 01-29-2010 at 06:28 PM.
REDNOSE65 is offline   Reply With Quote