The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2018, 01:12 AM   #1
donthekawguy

Got the 66 home! VID

Went and picked up the 66 SWB BBW today. Quite the adventure thats for sure! Bought a car trailer but the guy was 6 hours late delivering it so I had to wait an extra day. Then I couldn't figure out why the lights weren't working but finally figured out that attaching the ground helps a ton. Then they guy I bought it from was out and about all day. Finally made it to his house and got it hooked up. I tried to take a road home that I have never been on and found out thats it just a winding road that makes about a 20 mile loop thats full of hills. Thats always awesome when pulling a trailer around. After about 30 minutes I was back where I turned off the highway and it took about 3 minutes to get to where I would have been 30 minutes before. Oh well. Now I have to have the garage built so I have a place to work on it and in a couple years it should be on the road. It will have an LS with AC and cruise, air ride, 4 wheel disc brakes and all the other things. I;m thinking gray with burgandy interior and wheels and also the part between the trim on the bed. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9vfTmQYVmo
Old 03-31-2018, 01:28 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Got the 66 home! VID

Cool! another project. How far did you have to go for the 66?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:17 AM   #3
donthekawguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Cool! another project. How far did you have to go for the 66?
Just down to Kidd Island road. About 2 miles east of 95. Not too bad. The worst part was getting up his driveway. lol 1/2 mile of mud and pot holes. lol
Old 03-31-2018, 11:47 PM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Yeah, that's not too far.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:01 AM   #5
donthekawguy

Got the front end bolted on and some primer sealer on it. Now the neighbors wont complain so much. lol
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
donthekawguy

Well I got some bad news. Kind of. The city won't let me build my shop they way I want to so I have to tear down my old garage and build everything new. It will be farther back in my yard but thats fine. Its going to cost a lot more and I just spent a bunch of money a few months ago putting a new roof and door on the old one. The problem with adding on to the old garage is they want a 7 foot clearance to the side fence and the old garage is 14 inches. I showed them that my neighbors shop is all the way across the yard away from mine so it's not a fire issue. The city guy said its for snow sliding off and falling into the neighbors yard. I told him I have a 1/12 pitch roof and the new addition will also so no snow will slide off. He didn't seem to care. I already looked around for a new house and the prices have taken off around here so moving isn't an option. Looks like I get a new garage! lol Good thing I start my new on call extra job this week so I can pay for this BS.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #7
rsavage

Perhaps you have Zoning Board of Appeals? You could file for and ask for a variance to the code that says you have to be off the lot line by 10'. You also might consider jogging
over the addition by 10 feet even though still connected to the rear of your current garage. The existing garage should be grandfathered correct? Good luck
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
donthekawguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
Perhaps you have Zoning Board of Appeals? You could file for and ask for a variance to the code that says you have to be off the lot line by 10'. You also might consider jogging
over the addition by 10 feet even though still connected to the rear of your current garage. The existing garage should be grandfathered correct? Good luck
I was looking into applying for a variance but that could take up to 6 months. Jogging it over won't work either because the back of the garage has a sliding door that I was going to take off and just butt the new addition up to it so I could drive thru to the alley from the front of my house. If the new addition was built 6 feet 10 inches from the fence, the wall would be right in the middle of the opening of the old door in the rear. Kinda sucks it has to be set up in a way that works with everything else. The house and garage were built in 1947 so they are grandfathered in. I was hoping it would count as a remodel but no such luck. lol