The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
dhamilton62

Advice for TH350 Transmission Swap on 62' C10

Anyone have any tips or advice on swapping in a TH350 trans into a 1962 C10 long bed? The truck already has a 350 SBC in it from the previous owner, using the front horseshoe style motor mount and bellhousing mount from the 4-speed. Would I need to change to the later style side mounts since I'm swapping the trans and removing the old trans cross member and making a new one? ( Has the x-frame so I think making a new one is probably easier) I'm just worried about getting everything lined up right and also if the motor will have enough mounting points and support. Also, I don't have a lift to drop the old 4 speed trans out, so I was going to just pull the motor and trans together, pop on the new TH350 trans and re-install both. I've been reading as much as I can on the topic but any advice or tips would be great! Anyone have any links or good threads they'd read about this swap? Thanks in advance to everyone.
dhamilton62 is offline   Reply With Quote