The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #1
LordDevlin

Trying to help a friend

HI guys,

Haven't been on in a while but recently my friend got in touch with a guy that will build task force trucks the way you want. Just pick a bunch of options and for about $20K you have a finished truck.

I remember reading some threads on here about ppl having super bad experiences with a guy offering this type of truck build. Apparently some other guys had bought cars of him and were super disappointed as they arrived not as advertised.

I think the truck builds had issues too, perhaps some disagreements and long drawn out process.

Does anyone remember this? If so, could you put me through to the thread as I would like to give my friend a heads up about this if its the same guy.

I know the guy's first name (from my friend) but want to make sure its the same person before posting the name on here.

Thanks for your time.

Elliot
Old 10-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #2
iowaboynca

Re: Trying to help a friend

*gets the popcorn ready for the show*

All kidding aside, i'l bet you a pop, (I like Dr. Pepper) that the moderators aren't going to allow this type of discussion to go forward by calling someone out by name as these types of threads can get out of hand quickly.

My advice, search the forum and if there is any feedback about who you're thinking about, PM the individual who left that feed back and you can make your own assessment.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #3
LordDevlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
*gets the popcorn ready for the show*

All kidding aside, i'l bet you a pop, (I like Dr. Pepper) that the moderators aren't going to allow this type of discussion to go forward by calling someone out by name as these types of threads can get out of hand quickly.

My advice, search the forum and if there is any feedback about who you're thinking about, PM the individual who left that feed back and you can make your own assessment.
I have searched, and that's why I am posting a thread asking, because I had no luck. I wasn't asking for the person's name, I am hoping to find the thread that discussed it.

If the original thread was allowed to take place, and carry on, then I don't see what the issue would be with asking for someone to direct me to it once again.

Regards
Old 10-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
mr48chev

If I was that friend I would much rater venture out of the home area to a big Goodguys or NSRA event or a truck event where guys may have TF trucks there that are for sale and try to work a deal on a nice truck.

The primary reason for buying out of the area is so he isn't viewed as driving _________'S old truck around the home area. We have all seen guys show up at a show with a new to him truck, hot rod or other rig and have someone immediately holler, "hey there is _______'s old ride".

Unless you really know the builder and are close enough to keep an eye on the build progress I'd pass on the having one built thing. There seem to be a number of guys around the country slapping trucks together in far too short a time period to sell to those who "just have to have one of those cool AD or TF trucks right now" who's work may be a bit suspect.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #5
Henry50

I couldn't find the thread it may have been deleted or locked.

I don't believe the guy had taken possession of the truck the last time I read it, but was pretty happy with the pics and updates on the work done.
Henry50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #6
nail pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDevlin View Post
HI guys,

Haven't been on in a while but recently my friend got in touch with a guy that will build task force trucks the way you want. Just pick a bunch of options and for about $20K you have a finished truck.

I remember reading some threads on here about ppl having super bad experiences with a guy offering this type of truck build. Apparently some other guys had bought cars of him and were super disappointed as they arrived not as advertised.

I think the truck builds had issues too, perhaps some disagreements and long drawn out process.

Does anyone remember this? If so, could you put me through to the thread as I would like to give my friend a heads up about this if its the same guy.

I know the guy's first name (from my friend) but want to make sure its the same person before posting the name on here.

Thanks for your time.

Elliot
I couldn't find it either, it was getting pretty dramatic. Anyhow, I sent you a PM lorddevlin
nail pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:47 PM   #7
joedoh

some guy in nevada, right? someone was having it built and was happy with the progress. I remember this.

and I will go against the grain and say it better to buy it done than build it wrong, or even worse, take forever to get it built. I have seen guys go all gung ho and buy everything they need and abandon it months later because of space/skill/money. I have seen other guys take 5 10 15 years and still have a pile of new parts, the trends they were going for have come and gone, and they would need to completely start over with another pile of parts. in either case, buying done is a better use of time and money, dont want to wake up 70 with a case of "I wuz gonna"s.

but like mr48 says, beware the pounders. check out the work beforehand. and the stigma of "____'s old truck" doesnt really exist with the trucks this guy in nevada builds because if I remember his ebay ad you get to specify what you want done.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:29 AM   #8
1project2many

It looks like the thread has been moved by a moderator. You can see the google cache version, though. Most of the folks here were cautious about this, but seemed to be holding judgement to see how the thread turned out. Someone from another forum showed up and started bashing the seller based on previous sales of different vehicles under different conditions.

P. 1
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co....php?p=7672216

P. 2
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co....php?p=7669086

P. 3
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #9
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

I remember the thread you're looking for.
I'm reasonably sure it was not deleted. It's a moderator's rule on this forum to never delete a thread. There are very rare exceptions of course, but usually only with Liz or Josh approval. Posts get edited, but even then, there's a moderators area where the original post gets saved in case there's a question later.
iirc the OP was outside the U.S? I'm guessing you can't find it because you're not using the right search terms. I wouldn't have any idea what words to search for to find it. It's a fairly old thread, and the last I remember seeing it there weren't any updates.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #10
1project2many

Quote:
I'm reasonably sure it was not deleted. It's a moderator's rule on this forum to never delete a thread.
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thread. In the case of the one I linked to, I wonder if it's just moved to a moderator's area? I can find links to the thread in a google search but when I click on a direct link to this site I get a permission denied message instead of the thread. When I use the search on this site, using the title copied and pasted from the original thread, limiting the search to only this forum, the original thread does not appear in the results. The link to the original thread and the permission denied message are below.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=7672216

Quote:
1project2many, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:49 PM   #11
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
I wonder if it's just moved to a moderator's area?w.
You're exactly right. I'll see if I can get it restored.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #12
Jesse Z
Account Suspended

LordDevlin, I believe here may be the answer to your inquiry:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=721404
Jesse Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #13
nail pounder

Looks like Anthony produced a nice pick up. See new thread"Anthony Tomaio"