The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
civltruck

Positive camber w/disc conversion

I've got a 69 C30 Longhorn frame that I'm turning into a Ratrod. The cab and bed were completely rusted. The truck had "normal" camber with it's original drum brakes with about 3/4" of shims. I got spindles off of a 74 C20. Now I appear to have a positive camber issue on the right side only. The left looks just fine with 3/4" of shims. I took out all of the shims and it still looks positive. I got drop spindles and it still looks positive. Will the offset upper control arm shafts work to help correct this issue? Thanks.
civltruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
Custom 68

Re: Positive camber w/disc conversion

I am not sure how those new parts would change the camber if they are installed and seated correctly. I would double check to see that the springs are in the pockets correct and everything is tight. Have you driven or moved the truck yet after the parts swap?
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #3
civltruck

Re: Positive camber w/disc conversion

Thanks for the reply. The springs and ball joints all "look" right. After assembly, I drove the truck on a smooth road. I'm going to finish wiring my lights this weekend and then look more closely at that right side. I'll take some close up pictures of the suspension. Maybe someone will see something that's evading me.
civltruck is offline   Reply With Quote