The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #26
Onelow69chev

Re: White dash pad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livrat View Post
My wife wanted a parchment one in her Blazer, I mentioned it might not be a good thing due to reflection, even though I thought it was not a good idea I went ahead and installed it, never was an issue.
Where did you happen to obtain your dash pad? I have parchment in a k20 and would like to do the same. Thanks,
Don
Onelow69chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #27
Tumbleweed1C4

I just noticed something, off the subject of the white pad, but I followed that link to brothers catalog to take a look and there is no white as mentioned, but I was looking at the saddle one and it looks a little light, like sandalwood. As an owner of a parchment interior that caught my eye, as they are not available anywhere, I thought. So I clicked on the link there that says 'view color samples' and no shiz, the color sample is labeled as sandalwood. I wonder if it is all just jacked up. I would call and ask, but Grumpy is gonna make me a kick-ass one with a french seam, I think. Anybody else see that?

72 K5 Blazer
72 K10 SWB (in pieces under slow construction!)
72 K20
Tumbleweed1C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #28
dfwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed1C4 View Post
I just noticed something, off the subject of the white pad, but I followed that link to brothers catalog to take a look and there is no white as mentioned, but I was looking at the saddle one and it looks a little light, like sandalwood. As an owner of a parchment interior that caught my eye, as they are not available anywhere, I thought. So I clicked on the link there that says 'view color samples' and no shiz, the color sample is labeled as sandalwood. I wonder if it is all just jacked up. I would call and ask, but Grumpy is gonna make me a kick-ass one with a french seam, I think. Anybody else see that?
Brothers used to offer a sandalwood dash pad, and stopped at some point. I had the link saved, and was hugely dissapointed when they dropped it. As you say, if you click on the colors, they still show the sandalwood dash pad in the color chart, but you can't order it from the colors drop down any more. I haven't called them to see if it's really gone, or not.

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #29
Tumbleweed1C4

Would be interesting to find out. Doubtful, but you never know. It interests me, because saddle is missing from the color sample. Almost like they are selling sandalwood and calling it saddle. Seems strange that they don't. There are a lot of parchment trucks. Can't believe they sell that many red, for example. But, before this is completely hijacked, what about a custom pad, that is like saddle on top and white on the face with a French seam separating the two, maybe with the contrasting thread on either side? That would look cool I think. Does that make sense?

72 K5 Blazer
72 K20
Old 03-21-2016, 06:37 PM   #30
Grumpy old man

If some one wants an all white or 2 tone dash cover let me know , I'm building some sandalwood covers , also building some flex form carpet full dash cover that will go all the way down to the glass on the windshield with or without cut outs for defrosters , also spare tire covers for the Blazer and burb guys !
Posted via Mobile Device
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:24 PM   #31
Tumbleweed1C4

Grumpy, do you have a picture of a 2 tone pad? I almost feel like I saw one on here that was like I described above but not sure if I am imagining it or not.

72 K5 Blazer
72 K20
Old 03-21-2016, 07:52 PM   #32
Grumpy old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed1C4 View Post
Grumpy, do you have a picture of a 2 tone pad? I almost feel like I saw one on here that was like I described above but not sure if I am imagining it or not.
I have pictures but I killed my laptop , something happened to it when it met the concrete floor at Mach plus one !
Posted via Mobile Device
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:56 PM   #33
Tumbleweed1C4

Well, looks like you are just going to have to make one, then....

72 K5 Blazer
72 K20
Old 10-21-2016, 03:18 AM   #34
RareSS

I have a white dash pad in my 68. I am restoring the truck again and I will put another white pad back in it. My truck is a 50th Anniversary with white visors, door panels, and dash pad.
It doesn't create any glare or problems.
1973 Chevy Blazer 4x4 (New restoration project!)
1997 30th Anniversary Camaro SS LT4 (#100 of 100!)
2002 35th Anniversary Camaro Coupe SS/LE/PE #31 (Phase II 550 hp)
2002 35th Anniversary Camaro Vert SS/LE/PE #32 (Phase III 600+ hp 427 C5R 1 of 2!)
2005 Chevy Duramax Crew-cab 4x4 (Daily putter!)
RareSS is offline   Reply With Quote