The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2019, 10:48 PM   #1
izzy_Britton

2003 escalade A/C controls and Blend door actuators

Backstory: I bought a 2003 Escalade that had a bit of a dashboard fire/melt down. fire fights tore the dash out in pieces. I have replaced the main dash and components. The replacement dash came from a wrecking yard and had many wires cut because of the lazy people cutting wires to remove components.

so here we are today. I have resoldered all the wires and connectors in place that run the speedo radio, and the automagic a/c controller.

The a/c only blows HOT air. I do realize that the system may be out of freon or whatever, but i am thinking that the issue is actually the blend door actuators. what i have going on is that the bottom actuator that is in the center of the dash near the floor does not appear to be working. I have replaced the actuator but is it still not cycling.

does anyone know the ins and outs of this actuator and what it actual does and what function needs to be performed on the control panel to make this bottom actuator cycle? I have now disconnected the actuator from the a/c box so it is hanging free but wires are plugged in.

I can manually force the actuator to one position and turn the truck key on and it will default to what i assume is the 'closed' position. there is nothing that i am able to change on the dash controller to make it 'open'.

what causes this actuator/door to change position?

anybody? i can guess that i got a wire crossed but i do not have a diagram to confirm the wire plug in on the back of the dash controller has 2 sets of identical wires (colors and gauge) blue and brown. identical.

thoughts?

thanks in advance,

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote