The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
londoncalling

Body Mount Bushings

Would anyone have a recommendation on body mount bushings. The ones that I have identified are polyurethane which I am reluctant to use because I'm worried they will "squeek" like crazy.

http://www.allsuspensionbushings.com...hp?mode=search
londoncalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
rsavage

Re: Body Mount Bushings

Not sure about the squeaking but they will ride more harshly than the OE type rubber mounts. I just finished installing an LMC OE type kit on my Blazer. All the pieces fit well. The only difference that I could see, besides being made overseas, was that the metal sleeves that go inside the mount sandwiches were not as thick as the originals - same length, just not made as thick.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
71Rat
ran out of money

Re: Body Mount Bushings

poly all the way! they wouldnt speak unless they arent tight. even for harshness wouldnt be noticable. the body really isnt supposed to move over the frame unless the body isnt solid or the frames bad.. or you do off-roading and flex it hardcore. The poly mounts are nice because they are more stable and wont sag or go bad as quickly as rubber. I know with the blazers they help make the body more solid with the top off.

I believe poly gets the "squeak" complaints from some suspension parts as they are always moving going down the road.

just food for thought... and keeping it in the USA, some comanys that make poly mounts are US companys (not sure if those companys make parts for our trucks) as said above most rubber parts are made overseas not sure we have many US based companys anymore

Last edited by 71Rat; 04-07-2011 at 09:40 AM.
71Rat is offline   Reply With Quote