The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2024, 11:07 AM   #176
Rickysnickers

Re: project 39

Free tools! Always nice and they were going to toss it??? Looks fine to me
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:13 PM   #177
CSHADES

it was brand new in the box. box was torn open on the end and other problems. everything was in the box, the way they packed it everything stayed in place.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:02 PM   #178
daveshilling

This is looking really good!! Stay on it
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:03 PM   #179
daveshilling

Man, the things people are willing to throw away!!
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:43 PM   #180
CSHADES

nothing real exciting going on with the 39 at this time . been working on the finish welding inside, final paint removal on the rear of the cab and of course trying to get the rusty top back to clean metal. all i can say is i really want to go back in time and kick my self in the a$$ when i was 18 for stripping the paint off the top. i am using a combination of different paper, grinding wheels and of course wire wheels trying to get back where it started.
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2024, 10:24 AM   #181
Rickysnickers

Don't we all wish we could go back and have a do over?? LOL
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #182
CSHADES

long time no see guys. i have been working on project 39 but nothing real exciting. a lot of sanding and grinding trying to clean the rust off the roof. i also decided i had better get the rain gutters pieced together so after i get the epoxy primer and body work done on the roof i could weld the gutters on. i think it will look good when installed.
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 09:54 AM   #183
CSHADES

after getting the rain gutters put together i went and primed the cab and some other parts epoxy primed. i then started the filler work. i started using a different filler than what i have used in the past. it is the 3m platinum plus filler.
it is the creamy smoothest filler i have ever used it lays down smooth and the lines from the spreader disappear by the time it hardens. it also seems to sand easier than the other fillers i have used
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM   #184
CSHADES

as i am doing the body work on the rest of the cab i kept looking at the cab corner on the left side. it was damaged along the way and i have no idea on how to get it straight. the bent part is in a difficult part to hammer on, i looked at some of the parts and parts cabs that i have and no of them were good enough to consider taking the time to cut and weld into this cab. while standing in the shower the other night it dawned on me that i had seen some where that they were repoping the corners so when i got to work the next morning i looked it up. sure enough they do make them and they come in pairs. i ordered them and had them on friday last week. so this weekend i got busy installing them. they actually dont fit to bad. the front edge where it goes into the door jamb sucks but i knew that was going to be the case from the experiences i have had in the past. so i cut the panel about 1/2 inch from the edge and welded it in that way. i did both sides over the weekend but i just put the pics on for the drivers side. the other side was the same pretty much with a couple of small differences.
Attached Images