The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
El_sniderino

New member in New Mexico

Hello All!

Long time lurker, figured I’d say hello. I picked up a 68 C20 Panel about a year ago and am now started tinkering. She has some things I like, some I don’t. I hate the paint, it was originally turquoise now it’s a flesh tone. I also am not fond of the interior. All done in S10 style with buckets. I just acquired a 68 bench I will be upholstering and already replaced the steering wheel with an original. I took the wheels off and replaced with a set of steelies and pizza cutters. She’s running a 250 and a 3 speed Saginaw. I replaced a wore out hurst Indy shifter and rebuilt the tranny when I got it. Future will be a 3 speed overdrive Saginaw. Found a locker at the junkyard I will probably put in, because why not. Just got some highway mirrors from forum member cypressbog since original ones were thrown out by a previous owner. Eventually I’ll probably put on a turbo from a grand national. Trying to stay away from the small block and small turbo should be different even though it’s a pretty common 250 thing to do. First photo includes wheels she came with, second steelies with hubcaps
PHP Code:
[PHP
[/PHP]
Attached Images

El_sniderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
Red71gmc

Re: New member in New Mexico

That's a neat rig. I didn't know about a turbo on the 250's. looks like I know what I will be reading about tonight.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #3
El_sniderino

Re: New member in New Mexico

Tom is a real expert at 12Bolt.com he also has some slick manifolds. The Chevrolet inline six-cylinder power manual also has some good stuff
El_sniderino is offline   Reply With Quote