The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
Fastest32

Dont ever deal with this dude

Its been a long time since Ive been on this site. I havent been on here much cause my 83 got totaled and seeing all of y'alls beautiful trucks just makes me sad. My point of this thread is to warn anyone who may be in need of a ecm rebuild not to deal with Thomas Thompson of World ECM. Just google his name and find nothing but bad reviews. He operates out of Trion GA. He ripped me off and in the end wanted me to sign a confidentiality agreement that said I couldnt say anything negative about him and he would give me half of my money back... in monthly payments. Then he changed that to a credit with him. Like I would take that. I could write a novel about all the shenanigans this guy pulled, but I just really wanted to give a heads up to you guys.
Fastest32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Fastest32

Re: Dont ever deal with this dude

This is the report I just posted on ripoffreport.com along with the others against him.

In December of 2010 I sent my ecm for a 92 corvette to Thomas Thompson and a money order for $215.00, the 200 was to pay for the ecm to get rebuilt and the other 15 was to pay for the shipping back. After quite a while he sent me back a different ecm, same part number but not mine, that didnt work. I double and tripple checked my diagnosis and verified that it was the ecm that was the cause of the problem. So I finally convinced him to take it back and he said he would find another one and rebuild it and send that to me.

So I patiently wait, and wait, and wait. All of a sudden he is impossible to get a hold of. He never answers his phone, i left many messages and when I could finally get in touch with him he would tell me that he would have it ready at the end of that week. I have the car disabled in my driveway and theres nothing I could do because not only does he have my ecm, he also has my eprom so I cant even go out and buy an ecm somewhere else. The only reason I decided to deal with him in the first place is because the ecm is on national back order through GM and there was no time frame of when I could get one.

Im an ASE master certified at a chevy dealership so I ordered one through the parts department even though they were on back order. I ended up getting the ecm through my parts department before I could get anything out of thomas thompson. I still couldnt do anything because he had my ecm, which I would need for a core, and my eprom which I would also need. I finally got him to agree to send me back the ecm that he admitedly never even attempted to fix so that I could use it for a core and he promised he would send me a refund but "it would be a couple of weeks because he didnt have any money" and began to tell me all his problems. All the while being smug and rude.

Of course the car fired right up with the GM ecm and then began the process of trying to get a refund from him. He said he would give me $125.00 of the $200.00 I had spent with him, not to mention the 45 Ive spent shipping it back and forth, but I had to sign and have notorized an extremely redundant document basically saying that if I shared any of my experiences that I had with him to anyone, or say anyhting negative about him, that he would sue me and Id be liable for all legal costs. Oh and the 125 would be paid in monthly installments. I wish I had done some more research before dealing with him. Hopefully someone will read this and think twice. I'm sure someone has had a pleasent experience with him but to quote him "Its a roll of the dice, sometimes the parts work and sometimes they don't"

Im sure theres details Im leaving out that would further prove my point and I doubt anyone will read this far into it but I have all the emails to confirm the entire process.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
thesickc10

man i feel your pain i got mad just reading that

1979 camaro 358 super t10

2003 f250 superchip slp exhaust
thesickc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
Fastest32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesickc10 View Post
man i feel your pain i got mad just reading that
I appreciate that. This took almost a year to get to that point. Come to find out he runs his little scam out of an apartment in the ghetto. Some of the other reports on him are actually pretty funny.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #5
big_al_71

What a POS that dude is....I hate thieves and liars.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
Fastest32

Yeah he even went on my Facebook page and called me a bad dad cause I wouldn't take his bs half of a refund. I posted a review of him on ripoffreport.com and he went crazy. You should see the back and forth on there. Its actually kind of funny.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
dfwright

I looked at the ripoff report, and you're right, it's kind of pathetic, really. One suggestion -- if you can edit your posts on there, I'd recommend removing your name/address/telephone number from the confidentiality page you posted.

Deconstruction began 5/2009, mostly completed restoration, 5/2017
dfwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
oldgold70c10
Who's got steelies?

Wow. I read some of the reports at ripoff report. What a low life.
1970 C20 Suburban 350/700R4 4.10 gearing green & white
1978 Big 10 Silverado 350/th350, working ac, 2 tone blue-My summer daily driver
1983 GMC 1500 Sierra 305/SM465 2.73 rear end

How to add a trip odometer to your 67-72 stock speedometer

How to rebuild your Q-Jet

My Truck Page
My Youtube Channel
oldgold70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

How did you come across this scum in the first place? I have run into the same degenerated type before. No matter how it goes,it's always in their favor yet they act like they are doing you a favor. Like the world is out there to serve them. You just want to give them a 5 knuckle bonus.
I had a different kind of deal where I was ordered not to tell about a dealing I had with someone. I had never heard such a thing before. It involved me selling something to someone who used someone else to pose as the buyer because I had already told the scum I wouldn't sell to him. Long story and (although this was over 15 years ago) I'm not supposed to tell details. Let's just say this person took credit for my work and I had a lot to say about it before his lawyer buddy served me. It still gets me riled up talking about it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:25 PM   #10
Fastest32

I found the CPU on eBay and called him up. I didn't go through eBay I dealt directly with him. I understand sometimes you get burned. I wish I had done some research before I dealt with him. I was way more upset at what an a hole he was than losing out on the money. Live and learn I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device