The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Nova_Cobra64

Perry Price of PTS Wheels (forum name PTS)

I didn't really want to go to the extent of posting this as a bad deal, as it sounds like Mr. Price's world is sort of crumbling around him right now, but after a lot of unnecessary stress and worry the last few days I feel there is no need for sympathy here. To receive this sort of treatment from a forum vendor who previously had a good reputation has been an eye opener.

Late in January I ordered a set of Intro Kingman wheels from Perry. I paid the amount in full the same day and was told that delivery time would be approximately 6 weeks. On February 2nd I got a forum notification that there was a reply to the topic "PTS: Intro Wheels for 67-72 Chevy Truck", that I attempted to view on my iphone but got a forum error message saying I didn't have permission to view the page. I didn't think much of it at the time. 2 days later I was going through my e-mails on my computer and remembered the forum error message and decided to try again, with the same result. Then I looked at the content of the message, which was forum member "nibs" alerting other members that Perry is no longer a dealer for Intro, and has been failing to deliver products. After exchanging PM's with nibs and doing some google searches that turned up a bunch of other forums with members telling the same story as nibs, I started to get a little worried.

At this point I elected not to give Perry the benefit of the doubt and sent him a PM hoping to feel the situation out a bit by asking if my wheels are still on track to be delivered at 6 weeks (which is coming up shortly), and I also asked if he still had a working relationship with Intro as I noticed the thread was gone. He PM'ed me stating that "all is good" and said he'd talk to Intro the next day and get me an ETA. 2 days passed with no contact, so I sent another PM asking what was up. Yesterday I received what appeared to be a mass e-mail from Perry stating that he has been unable to fill his orders. He apologized and said he will issue refunds when he can, while making it quite clear (IMO) that he may not have the financial means to do so any time soon. He says he did not intentionally try to scam anyone. At this point I was unsure if "all is good" with my order or not, so I called and left voicemail. He has yet to return my call. On the advice of nibs, I called Intro and left them voice mail. They responded this afternoon and have informed me that Perry has only attempted to order 2 sets of wheels from them (neither of which were mine), and due to non-payment one set had never even been built.

Despite Perry's claim that he will issue refunds, at this point I've lost my trust in him and have elected to proceed with a claim through my credit card (which seems to be going very well at this point). From reading other forums it appears as though many have been promised either refunds or parts that are "shipping out today" weeks ago, and it looks like none of that has happened. While I am under the impression that issues in his personal life had started the downfall of his business, a man needs to know at what point to separate their business and personal life. It is one thing to be busy and fall behind a few days. It is another to knowingly decieve a customer, using poor business practices, and accept payment for a product that you aren't sure you will be able to deliver. And further to this it is clear that by his inability to issue immediate refunds and not having ordered weels that were paid in full, he has designated the $2550 I paid him for MY WHEELS to pay for something other than MY WHEELS. It certainly makes things worse when you lie about the status of the order and pretend that there are no issues.
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.

Last edited by Nova_Cobra64; 03-09-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
big_al_71

Re: Perry Price of PTS Wheels (forum name PTS)

I ordered my billet specialties wheels from Perry and even though they took an extra week or so my wheels came in and my steering wheel. sorry to hear that he did not come thru for you.....

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
hdzammo

i had ordered some wheels from him, fortunately i got my money back. but there was always a story, a lie, the run around. i feel bad for anyone that got taken by him because for the one voice that does speak up there are probably many others that dont.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...l?ref=esp-link
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...rry-price.html

http://www.pro-touring.com/archive/i...d.php?t=206380
hdzammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

The thread is in an admin area due to the issues at hand. We did not want others to order etc.. I have not been the one reviewing the issues with PTS; but have been keeping an eye on it, as it unfolded. I hope you do get your money back. You definitely are not alone in the issue.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
Nova_Cobra64

I've been fortunate to have gotten my money back through MasterCard. They promised to call me upon the resolution of the dispute and give me a run down. Have not heard from them yet, but at least at this point Perry seems to be admitting to the non delivery of products, hopefully he is at least dealing with the credit card companies to make the resolution process smooth.

The extent of the situation is mind blowing to me, visiting other forums it looks like there could be upwards of a dozen people who were in the same situation as myself.
Posted via Mobile Device
2013 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650 - The reason no work gets done on the project truck.
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote