The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
chevy72blu

Tried to use CPP despite the bad press. I should have listened.

I read a lot about the bad treatment members have received from CPP, but I liked their stuff and wanted to see for myself. I emailed Jeff before placing an order so that I could place an order directly through him - respecting that he has been reaching out to the forum. He was nice enough but sent me to someone else.

I placed my order online on Tuesday, putting in my billing and shipping info. It said that it needed to ship to the address of the credit card on file, but I requested that the order be shipped to my office. I work 10+ hours a day and I dont like expensive packages sitting on my porch that long. That evening I got a phone call saying that due to credit card fraud and disputes, I had to have it shipped to my home for the first order. This is the first I have ever heard of such a policy (and I buy a lot online + run my companies online storefront). I said that I would be happy to give them bills, copy of ID, proof of address of my office/home, etc and they said nothing could be done. Frustrated with their stupid policy, I cancelled my order (other people make the same parts for cheaper, just not as trick looking).

Today I check my statement and noticed that $1.00 was debited from my account. When I called, they couldnt find my info anywhere in their system, including the charge. I was told that the $1.00 was used to "verify my identity", even though I did not authorize them to do that nor was I told it was going to happen (TBH, I may have missed it in the 10 pages of legalese on their website). Even if it was there, what is the point of this and why does no one else (besides Paypal to confirm accounts) do this?

The worst part? I was charged 6/28. My order was cancelled the day I placed it, 6/25. I was shuffled around between 2-3 people on the phone and after being on hold for 20 minutes, I guess I will just call and dispute the charge with my CC company. I know, its only a buck, but it pisses me off nonetheless.

It really is too bad because they have some great looking products. Its pretty easy to make me a loyal customer, but I'll have go ahead and reflect the sentiment of CPP on the board: Stay away.
chevy72blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Smoothride

Re: Tried to use CPP despite the bad press. I should have listened.

Wow !!!! For $1... i have had several companies do that to verify identity...im sure you canceled it and they did cancel it will just take a couple days before you get your whopping $1 back... the things people complain about now a days
Smoothride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
chevy72blu

Exactly how does an unauthorized $1 charge confirm my identity?

Either way, the charge occurred several days after I cancelled my order. I could handle that, but the unhelpful staff were unable to even find my info or the fact that I had been charged.

Its not about the buck. They took my money for no reason and didnt give it back due some glitch/incompetence. How much money would it take for that to irritate you? $5, $20? $100?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
ArkGL01

well look at it like this... that 1$ just cost them another bad review. lol
Old 06-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
chevy72blu

Meh. I was pissed over the shipping/billing address thing. I even thought about complying with their dumb policy and placing a new order today. This was just the nail in the coffin
Old 06-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Billett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothride View Post
Wow !!!! For $1... i have had several companies do that to verify identity...im sure you canceled it and they did cancel it will just take a couple days before you get your whopping $1 back... the things people complain about now a days
It's not the dollar that's bothering him...
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
1971_402

Some credit card systems need to run your credit card to verify your information, It's the older systems that require this .All the new fancy ones can verify without charging but they are really expensive. And shipping to only that is verifiable is a common practice in mail order business ,It's a pain but its done for Credit card fraud purpose's. I know Because I been doing it for 12 years in the mail Order business also. Good Luck
1972 Chevy C10 LWB-SWB/Bagged(ALMOST)
1972 Chevy C10 Shortened/SBC(DONE)
1981 Chevy C10 SWB 383/TH350(SOLD)

Last edited by 1971_402; 06-29-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: more info
1971_402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
chevy72blu

Interesting about the older systems, but I have to cry foul on a bit of that. My confusion stems from the fact that I run a mail order/online store as part of my job. We use a non-POS online provider (one of the largest in the country) that is very cheap. Fraud is checked automatically and our dispute agreement says nothing about different shipping/billing addresses.

In either case, they are free to maintain their policy just as I am free to take my business elsewhere. Notice that I didnt post a bad review after canceling my order - it was the case of the missing money that made me upset enough to post about it.

ECE happily took my money with a different shipping address and did so without the dollar charge.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

This is by far a negative review this is a great topic! First an foremost i appologize to the customer associated with this transaction as this credit card policy / company policy can be a real pain in the butt but it actually protects the credit card holder and the vendor at the same time. There are easy ways to still get the order shipped elsewhere such as calling the credit card company and setting up an alternate billing address. As for the $1.00 charge on your card i pulled the batch report and it shows you were charged a dollar and credited the $1.00 all on the same day, the 26st. Sorry for the confusion. Feel free to call me direct with any questions at 888-522-8303 ext 118
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
chevy72blu

Thanks Jeff. My statement does not reflect what you are saying (posted & cleared 6/28, with no credit), and its interesting that you were able to find my info when no one else could. I'll give it a few days.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy72blu View Post
Interesting about the older systems, but I have to cry foul on a bit of that. My confusion stems from the fact that I run a mail order/online store as part of my job. We use a non-POS online provider (one of the largest in the country) that is very cheap. Fraud is checked automatically and our dispute agreement says nothing about different shipping/billing addresses.

In either case, they are free to maintain their policy just as I am free to take my business elsewhere. Notice that I didnt post a bad review after canceling my order - it was the case of the missing money that made me upset enough to post about it.

ECE happily took my money with a different shipping address and did so without the dollar charge.
And some companys such as ECE will do that, we wont, its strictly risk versus benifit!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #12
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Thanks Jeff. My statement does not reflect what you are saying (posted & cleared 6/28, with no credit), and its interesting that you were able to find my info when no one else could. I'll give it a few days.
No sweat bro! Yeah thats total B.S. we should start a negative review for all the banks that keep customers money and draw interest on it before they issue the credit.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
chevy72blu

UPDATE: I received a credit back to my account several days ago; I forgot about this thread.

CPP may have some silly shipping policies, but cheats they are not.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
UPDATE: I received a credit back to my account several days ago; I forgot about this thread.

CPP may have some silly shipping policies, but cheats they are not.
I would agree with this above statement all day long!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I fully understand the charge, and having our cards compromised MORE than once, do appreciate it. I also understand the frustration of the OP.. Thank you again Jeff for obviously getting this fixed.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
I fully understand the charge, and having our cards compromised MORE than once, do appreciate it. I also understand the frustration of the OP.. Thank you again Jeff for obviously getting this fixed.
No biggie Liz! Glad i could get it straightened out!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #17
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

To add fuel to the fire some CC companies post the credit the day it happens yet the charge may fall on the next bill. Its easy to confuse if you don't pay attention.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
Gobbles

I just ran into a similar situation with DELL, they wouldn't ship to my home address because my CC address was my folks place (I'd been moving every 6-8 months for about 3 years now for school). It was just a pain, no random charges though.

"You already said spite"
Gobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
sighlurr

Interesting thread title. I'm now in the same boat as another dissatisfied customer. Carrier xmember needed to be ground down to fit in between my stock frame rails, brake pads on the rear setup rub on the disc hat, and pads on both sides rub on the rotor. Customer Service suggested getting the grinder out...

Never again.
sighlurr is offline   Reply With Quote