The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
wahl4m

ill take its ???

is it a policy of this site -that the first "ill take it gets the item "?? not get me a shipping quote ??
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
mrtoni

Re: ill take its ???

Yes. First i will take it gets it. Sometimes seller will respond to buyer wanting shipping info and consider them first but often local will grab it before shipping quote
mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
If the sellers ad says plus shipping it is his choice if he wants shipping quotes to hold a place in line..... Normally the buyer would state that he will take the item pending shipping costs.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
wahl4m

this seller has no idea of the rules here ??maybe first time selling something ?? have a good day !!
wahl4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:19 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

They are guidelines not rules. We can not tell someone whom they can and can not sell to.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
leddzepp

While it is a general practice by a lot of sellers, it does NOT state anywhere in the guidelines that “first I’ll take it gets it”

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

I think it's ridiculous for a seller to put "I'll take it" over a request for a shipping quote by a member responding first. The "I'll take it"/jump to front of line/wouldn't want to be in a bomb shelter with-type may not want it once they find out what shipping costs. That happens all the time. You can't say you'll absolutely take the thing until you know the total cost and you don't know the total cost until you have the shipping cost added on. Is this person who wins the part by jumping in from of a fellow member unconditionally obligated to take that part even if shipping turns out to be more than they ever could imagine? Then why is the part unconditionally obligated to them before the total cost is known. This isn't kindergarten and we aren't playing Simon Says. The "guideline" should be allow the one before you, who posted words we would take as expressing intentions to buy once the facts are clear their chance, then you're next. Just post you're next in line interest.

How about parts shown w/o pictures or description of condition? I've seen the first member request pictures or info anyone else would want to see/know only to have another member with their "Simon says I'll take it". Then they see the part or find out the flaw and back out. Also seen where the pictures get shown and instantly someone else jumps in and takes it. I feel the right thing to do is allow the one who asked for those pictures a chance to respond. I hate dog eat dog mentality and it's one thing I get turned off about here in the parts board... if you can get a chance at a part a High Octane member hasn't sniped up within minutes. That's the other turn off.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-07-2018 at 03:45 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:45 AM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Tim those are great examples of why we have a review area. It is a good tool that is very under utalized.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I am suggesting proper behavior getting to the deal that works so smooth it governs itself. But we are talking about the general populous here

It's like at a swap meet. You walk up just as someone else gets involved with the seller over a part you want. You don't barge in and declare "I'll take it". You give the guy who got there before you a chance to work his deal. All you can do is hang around and hope they don't make a deal. I do feel we should clearly declare we want to buy the part, but... need better pictures, price, better info, shipping cost first. Maybe some will take it no matter what the cost, but most need all the info before committing. What I say is if you are going to hold the line at "I take it", that's it over done deal, then that member should be absolutely required to buy that part no matter what new info comes out. I have seen the I take it guy back out once the pictures or info that the first one requested was given. I think that guy should be required to buy that no matter what. What is not affirmative about "I'll take it"?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote