The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #1
harrij4

72 Tailgate Interior Rod Rattle

Hey - this should be easy. I'm chasing down some of the more egregious squeaks and rattles on the K5 and one of them is inside the tailgate. I believe it's the rods that connect the latch handle to the plungers on the edges of the gate. I can bump the tailgate with my hand and hear something rattling against the sheet metal inside the tailgate. Assuming that's the problem, can someone tell me if these "insulators" are what I need to resolve that problem? Otherwise I'm just going to get some foam sleeves and put them over the rods.
Attached Images

harrij4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
CJM72

Re: 72 Tailgate Interior Rod Rattle

I think your on the right track. I replaced the rubber bumpers that contact the tailgate arms and the rubber stops for the tailgate itself and still have rattle. Grabbed some foam from work, but can't get the bolts loose on the tailgate handle to install! I'll have to drill the fasteners out one of these days. Let us know how you make out.
CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote