The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #1
chevlady

New role in my life and getting better

I have a new role in my life and getting better.A mom now,adopted a 14 year old boy whom calls me mom now.His name is Justin and doing great since the adoption became final in August.I am currently in the process of adopting his 12 year old sister,Angel and they are glad to be together again.Been through enough of going through foster homes.Angel's Christmas wish is to be with her brother and in a loving home.Hopefully the adoption of her becomes final soon.This was my only option left since I can't get pregnant.Also getting better from a trauma,I was in a semi truck car accident 3 weeks ago.A young kid about 17 years old in a Honda Accord ran a stop sign while texting on his cellphone and I ended up running into the passenger side.I was test driving a semi for a power performance problem and the rear brakes locked up.I was shaken right up thinking it was my fault and the cops said it wasn't my fault.What saved me was having my CDL and medical card on hand.Also my boss's semi trucks have video cameras,this one shown this kid texting on his cellphone and running the stop sign.Seeing a therapist on it.Also learned this kid lost his left leg above the knee which was amputated and his family including him are not mad at me.He knew what he did was wrong and learning his lesson now in the process of having a prosthetic leg made.
chevlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:00 PM   #2
chevlady

Re: New role in my life and getting better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Kid lost his leg in an accident and your reply is " He's learning his lesson while Getting a prosthetic leg made ? " You need a therapist .I don't think I've ever seen you post anything about a 67-72 truck ? just your own personal struggles ? you hit him on the passenger side and he lost his left leg ? how ?
The hit was so hard it shattered his left knee,went through middle of the car
Old 11-13-2018, 06:51 AM   #3
72 tigger

That’s cool that you’re adopting those kids
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #4
jjzepplin

Well good for you! And Great for those youngins. I hope you all have a fabulous life together. How's that Truck coming? Did you ever pull the engine? New windshield?
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Sorry to hear about the accident but I am very glad to hear about becoming a parent. I was adopted myself and have come to realize how lucky I was to be adopted and be able to be the person I am today

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
chevlady

Justin and Angel,they are going to have the best Christmas ever this year.Call me mom a lot.The accident took a toll on me and getting better day by day.I still test drive semi trucks before I work on them to confirm the complaint.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #7
Red71gmc

Bitter and sweet. Life has them both. Good for you with the adoptions. I hate to see kids struggle in bad situations. What your doing is a very fine thing mom.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote