The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
379redneck

06 monte carlo problems

I have an 06 monte carlo lt with the 3.9 in it. I have been having problems with the traction control in the car and the dealer is not being very helpful, saying "its just your driving". sometimes the service traction control message comes up when the shifts, usually going up hill, especially when shifting around 60 (not sure what gear). It first started when I would rev the car or take off to fast and would stay on until I just the car off. It would shift very hard when it was messed up, but it got over that and does it on the hills. This isnt the light in the cluster saying its activated, it says "service traction control" on the display, something else the dealer couldnt comprehend. Now when it does it, it has a fit and wont stop coming on every time it shifts until I shut the car off. It will come on, then go away in a few seconds, but sometimes the check engine light comes on with it but that will stay on however long it wants. I checked the codes today and had p0101 and p0171. I have also been having tranny problems, it slips in 1st, also "just my driving". I have had several electrical problems since I got the car, new fuel pump, fuse box, rear defrost, power window problems, several tire monitor sensors, lights dim with the radio when I first start it, and this. The only thing I did to the car was put an intake on it which I took back off.
Sorry for the post, any ideas whats wrong with this?
And yes, I am selling this thing.

87 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 350/TH350/NP203 Flow Tech long tube headers, throttle body spacer, Edelbrock Performer cam, true dual Flowmaster 40s, 6 inch Superlift suspension lift

2000 silverado extended cab stepside 5.3l. Stock for now
379redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
stealthy '69
'69 Chevy SWB

Re: 06 monte carlo problems

I have an 08 Impala SS and I've had the "service stabilitrack" and the "service traction control" messages come up before also. I haven't had much luck fixing it either. It never comes on when I take it to the dealer. Mine only comes on when I start the car, but goes away if I turn it off and restart the car. I did a little research on some of the Impala forums and I've seen most of the issues are due to a bad wheel position sensor. I haven't had an issue with mine for a few months, so I haven't changed it to see if it solves the problem. It might be worth a shot to mention it to your dealer and see what they have to say about it.

'69 Chevy SWB Fleet, Primer Black; Project No Name
'06 Chevy Trailblazer, Blueish Silver?; Wifes DD, Sold
'08 Chevy Impala SS, Silver; the new DD, AND IT IS FUN!!!
'99 Dodge Dakota R/T, Intense Blue; DD, Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The tig welds are not the prettiest i have seen but they do have good penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.
stealthy '69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
Bob 68327
72 Chevelle Club

Steering wheel position sensor is whats doing the stabilitrak not sure if its the same for traction controll. changed mine fixed the problem ..

1972 Chevelle ... Mine

2006 Trailblazer... Hers

2002 Buick century ... Kids

2002 K1500 Z-71 EXT CAB ... Daily Driver

2005 Rockwood Roo ... For Camping

1974 Harley-Davidson XLH Sportster 84'' stroker
Bob 68327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
379redneck

I would rather try fixing it myself than taking it back to the dealer, I refuse to go there anymore after an incident with the owner's son, and the car is out of warrenty now so they will charge me a lot to even look at it.
I never of the steering wheel position sensor for the traction control. I did check all of the connectors for water and they were all dry, and then I found a bubblr on one tire and broke the valve stem on another one

87 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 350/TH350/NP203 Flow Tech long tube headers, throttle body spacer, Edelbrock Performer cam, true dual Flowmaster 40s, 6 inch Superlift suspension lift

2000 silverado extended cab stepside 5.3l. Stock for now
379redneck is offline   Reply With Quote