The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
r1lorenzini

anyone converted a 5x4.75 lug?

So with our group being as sometimes frugal as we can and the lacking used wheels in the 5x5 category has anyone converted tot he smaller bolt pattern of 5x4.75. The reason I am asking is because of the readily at least where I am at excess of parts in that bolt patter for wheels and big brake kits. I was able to do a 13 and 14 inch rotor kit for my 69 camaro for well under 1500$ using oem gm z06 calipers. I think it would look sick to use some corvette parts on my blazer. I guess my first concern would be if the bolt pattern is strong enough? I know the whole motto "built for a truck" so Im just curious with all the c5 irs stuff going in now and days if some folks are running this lug pattern and how? Thanks guys
r1lorenzini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: anyone converted a 5x4.75 lug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1lorenzini View Post
So with our group being as sometimes frugal as we can and the lacking used wheels in the 5x5 category has anyone converted tot he smaller bolt pattern of 5x4.75. The reason I am asking is because of the readily at least where I am at excess of parts in that bolt patter for wheels and big brake kits. I was able to do a 13 and 14 inch rotor kit for my 69 camaro for well under 1500$ using oem gm z06 calipers. I think it would look sick to use some corvette parts on my blazer. I guess my first concern would be if the bolt pattern is strong enough? I know the whole motto "built for a truck" so Im just curious with all the c5 irs stuff going in now and days if some folks are running this lug pattern and how? Thanks guys
Switching to the car pattern is easy enough. A simple re-drill of the rotors/axle flanges does it or you can use adapters. I've done it each way & my 74 had both (re-drilled rotors & adapters on the rear).

Swapping the big brakes is a different story because now you have the hub/rotor & spindles involved. There's several possibilities out there for big brake kits & even big brake kits w/different bolt patterns.

Are you wanting to do something budget 'simple' now just for the wheel choice & then look into a brake upgrade/swap later on?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-11-2008 at 10:22 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote